cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflicks says download speed is under 1Mbps, Hughesnet speed test says 30.26Mbps

Highlighted
Freshman

Re: Netflicks says download speed is under 1Mbps, Hughesnet speed test says 30.26Mbps

You asked earlier how we got the Netflicks connection speed info. Open Netflicks/Get Help/Check your network/ runs connection tests of Scooection Speed. I just tried this to compare our old tower-based internet and the new HughesNet connections. The old service gave 4.93 Mbps, then switched networks and HughesNet got 0.745 Mbps.

We'll do more testmy.net tests tomorrow to finish the 3 days of tests that you requested.

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Junior

Re: Netflicks says download speed is under 1Mbps, Hughesnet speed test says 30.26Mbps

I think you can also run speed tests using Fast.com which is hosted by Netflix and seems to be subject to the same prioritization rules as Netflix.  At least, a few weeks ago when I was testing it on HughesNet I bascially got the same speed as on Netflix, while most other speed tests were showing much faster speeds.

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor II

That may activate the Video Data Saver, but I'm not sure. 

Highlighted
Junior

My last post could be taken out of context...So to clarify, I'm not saying to use Fast.com for support here, follow the instructions you were given.  Just in general if you want to see the speeds you get from Netflix, Fast.com seems to be a good proxy.

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@maratsade wrote:

That may activate the Video Data Saver, but I'm not sure. 

It does.  

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/An-Example-of-the-Video-Data-Saver-at-work/td-p/8226...

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted

Good morning Jan48,

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.