cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix, Star Trek, and bandwidth

Junior

Netflix, Star Trek, and bandwidth

Okay, Netflix is going to be making a new Star Trek series.

Time for HughesNet to claw its way into the 21st century and up the bandwidth.  5, 10, 15 gigs isn't doing it these days with television moving to streaming, computers requiring larger and larger updates, and everything moving online.

I thought I read somewhere that there is a 50/50 plan, but it is in limited markets.  (Maybe I mis-heard that?)  That's a step in the right direction, especially since the terrestrial ISPs are starting to limit users.  300 gigs or something like that.

Wish there was something that could be done about the latency, but we'll have to contact God to upgrade the speed-of-light service plan we're on.

Anyway, there you go.  Star Trek.  Bandwidth.  Make it so.
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Netflix, Star Trek, and bandwidth

Hi lighthope,

Thanks for posting. If we come out with new plans with new allowances, you'll be sure to hear about it.

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Advanced Tutor

Verizon is offering 100GB for (only) $710/mo.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/landingpages/data-only-plan/
El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com
Assistant Professor

The "Star Trek justification", that's a new one!
Assistant Professor

Sounds about right. AT&T does 50 GB for $375/month plus per device charges: https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/data-plans.html

I watch netflix every morning. Yes i have to get up early to do so. I watch 2 walking deads every morning its worth it and i never use all of my 50 gig night time.
Freshman

This guy is smoking somethin. Maybe a joke?
Assistant Professor

True Trekkies are pretty intense.  Smiley Happy

Exede is offering 10GB 49.99  12GB 69.99 18GB 99.99  and 30GB 149.99 if they can do that with Satellite why can't HughesNet?
Assistant Professor

They manage their beams and will adjust data amounts versus price and may even close beams down that reach a certain capacity. Hughes does not.

The official response I got from a representative at corporate is HughesNet provides service to whoever wants/needs it regardless of beam loading.