Netflix

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alib
New Poster

Netflix

I have Netflix on my tv I cannot get it to work I have reset my internet and it’s still not connecting
8 REPLIES 8
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Do other things work on your network? 

Yes I also have YouTube and it works
maratsade

Well, if YouTube is working on the TV, then it's not an issue with your HN system.  It may be an issue with the Netflix app on your TV. You may want to read the manual to see if there's a troubleshooting section, or contact the manufacturer. 

Robp1
Junior

Hello,

We had massive issues with Netflix when we 1st got sat. The first thing to rule out is WiFi vs lan connection to the TV. WiFi did not work at all, Netflix would buffer all the time. With the lab connection Netflix worked with limited buffering. Also remember Netflix needs a min of 500kbps to stream, if you run low on data you will experience lag. Another important factor is your TV’s software! Roku is not recommend for HughesNet because of the latency issue with satnet. We use our Samsung blue ray player with lan connection, since we switched we have not had to many issues. YouTube will work on Hughes great because it allows the user to select the quality, Netflix does not. So if you watch YouTube you can set the quality to 144p or 240p and you will stream just fine. As I said above Netflix needs 500k minimum to stream. I hope this helped, and good luck.

I was getting Netflix without a problem until about 3 days ago when it stopped loading.  Neflix went through all their trouble shooting steps...to no avail.  Although I am getting all other streaming services, Netflix suggested to contract HN.  I cannot get through to them at all today.  After waiting on phone for 30 minutes, an announcement came on saying the number isn't in service (it is the number they give).  The live chat box wouldnt connect either.  Anyway...I don't know what to do.

maratsade

Given the congestion everyone's experiencing, what with so many people being home and everyone wanting to use the internet, many for work or school, I would suggest that you consider not using Netflix right now.  

Customer Service is inundated with calls, ditto chat, so to get through you may have to wait until the wee hours.

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

Robin4 wrote:

I was getting Netflix without a problem until about 3 days ago when it stopped loading.  Neflix went through all their trouble shooting steps...to no avail.  Although I am getting all other streaming services, Netflix suggested to contract HN.  I cannot get through to them at all today.  After waiting on phone for 30 minutes, an announcement came on saying the number isn't in service (it is the number they give).  The live chat box wouldnt connect either.  Anyway...I don't know what to do.

@Robp1   I'm in similar situation, on youtube I start buffering around 350-400 Kbps.  The part I don't understand is why that happens if I get download speads of 15MBps.  Is it the upload/handshaking latency that throttles the overall throughput down to 400Kbps?

maratsade

It happens because of congestion. Too many people at home are trying to stream and this taxes the system, which is already finite.  

cnrmb101 wrote:

The part I don't understand is why that happens if I get download speads of 15MBps.  Is it the upload/handshaking latency that throttles the overall throughput down to 400Kbps?