Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network compromised

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Network compromised

@Tired1 wrote:
I am not very good with computers. I pulled that up and I am lost on what to do. Getting very disgusted

Very likely what you're seeing is a false positive.  Norton being protective of a common IP address, but flagging it because of a certificate error.  I believe the problem is that it doesn't have a certificate. It's telling you it's vulnerable, which in this case it isn't, as that page can only be accessed locally, as in someone connected to your network, as in connected to your HughesNet modem by LAN cable or WiFi.

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted
Junior

@Tired1 wrote:
I am not very good with computers. I pulled that up and I am lost on what to do. Getting very disgusted

I'm sorry, that's my fault, my previous messages were not very clear.  I wanted to see if you got a security warning when you went to https://192.168.0.1 to confirm my suspicion of what was triggering the Norton warning about your network.  There is nothing for you to do, your network is just fine.  If you can tell Norton to trust that network, I would do that so, you stop getting the warnings from Norton (you will always get a warning from a browser when you go to that page).  If you can't, then I would ignore that warning when you are on your home network.

The point of Norton doing that check is really for when you connect to a public network, like going to Starbucks or something.  It vaidates that when you connect, you are actually connected to a truely Starbucks owned network, and not someone nearby impersonating Starbucks so that they can spy on your browsing.

New Poster

I appreciate it and I hope it's right. I am on it A lot.