Network time a year and a half off, and modem resetting many times aday

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Silviron
Sophomore

Network time a year and a half off, and modem resetting many times aday

The first part...  Something I've been noticing for a long time is that the Network time is way off on my sysem:

NetworkTime.png

Is this  a normal thing?  I'm just kind of curious about that.  I searched but couldn't find this covered before

And for the last  several days, MyHN7000S modem has been going through a power off reset many times a day (sometimes many times an hour).  It is worst between about 1AM (mountain time) through about 1PM (mountain)...  During the afternoon and evening  it only does it a few times an hour.  Last night it was completely down from 1AM to 5AM, and then going through constant resets from 5AM to 10AM...  I'd get all lights on the modem on for maybe two seconds every couple of minutes (once for about ten seconds, long enough to send one email),,, Then all but the power light would go out for a minute or two... then the system light would come on for a couple of seconds, then go out ..  a few seconds later, the receive light would come on, then the transmit light would come on for a few seconds...  Then sometimes the system light would come on for a few seconds ...  When that happened, the LAN light would come on, even if the computer was off, and even if  ethernet cable was disconnected....  then all (except the power) lights would go off, for a few seconds to a few minutes, then repeat and repeat and repeat, sometimes with variations in the lighting sequence, but mostly as described above..

And if I unplug the power supply for a few minutes or more, then plug it back in, it takes 5 -20 minutes for even the power light to come on, then the resetting starts again..

MY AC is stable at 116-117V,  and checking the DC pins of the powersupply output with a good multimeter, I'm getting the proper 19,5 V and 6.5V outputs on the right pins (haven't measured current draw), and 19.5 and 13.(something, I forget the last number) volts on the transmit and receive coax connecters respectively.. The connections on the radio are tight, and replaced with good quad shield HF coax just a month or two ago.

I have ordered a new modem and power supply, just in case my current ones may be failing., but I'd like to know if maybe something else is going on.

Currently, everything has been working OK for about  2 hours, with just one reset that lasted only a minute or so, just a minute or two before I did the screencap of my system summary above.

17 REPLIES 17