cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrisjeanette
Sophomore

New Customer Constant Buffering, Very Slow Speeds

Hello,

I have been a customer since 19 August 2017, 9 days.  I have been experiencing extremely slow speeds for the past week.  At first my speed tests were showing around 45mbps download after install.  Now I get speeds anywhere from .36 to 7.85.  I have attached several speed test from hughesnet and from testmy.net.  Technical Support says they have escalated my case and an engineer will call me within 2 to 3 business days.  I called Tech Support on Saturday to work this issue.  I really hope they can fix my issue seeing that I currently cannot stream any videos without constant buffering.  This is extremely frustrating since I spent hours researching this service and seeing that the Gen 5 was performing well.  Any resolution would be great.  I am trying to be as patient as I can.  Testmy 27-28 August 2017Testmy 27-28 August 20171st Hughes test 28 Aug 171st Hughes test 28 Aug 171st Testmy.net Test 28 Aug 171st Testmy.net Test 28 Aug 172nd Hughes test 28 Aug 172nd Hughes test 28 Aug 172nd Testmy.net Test 28 Aug 172nd Testmy.net Test 28 Aug 173rd Hughes test 28 Aug 173rd Hughes test 28 Aug 173rd Testmy.net Test 28 Aug 173rd Testmy.net Test 28 Aug 17

25 REPLIES 25
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Laurie0424 wrote:

costs twice the amount of cable and is data capped to boot.  

I do not stream movies, nor can I even if I wanted to because the data cap is so low, 50GB at the highest? No I do not consider 480p to be something that I have to pay 129.00 a month for and use up all my data? Ah well, its deaf ears I'm talking with lately...so like it or lump it is the only answer I'll ever get no matter who what where when and how I try.  Use this service with all caution, and know its very very limited. 

Satellite internet is considerably more expensive to provide and has a much more restricted throughput than any ground based services, so the data caps and the cost are what they are, and comparing them to said ground based services is like comparing a grape to watermelon.  

For your speed issues, as previously stated, you should start a new topic to address such.  

I will no longer post here, no worries.

Liz,

I still buffer in SD

Thanks

Any word from the engineers? This has gotten so bad that my buffering is every 5-10 seconds. Basically unusable at this point.

Good morning chrisjeanette,

Thanks for posting. This Thursday our engineers will have completed network adjustments to improve performance on your beam. Please let me know after then if you see any changes.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!