cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Gen 5 due to bad Gen 4 Still no glory! What now? :(

Highlighted
Senior

Re: New Gen 5 due to bad Gen 4 Still no glory! What now? :(

Just so you know.......... I am now using wireless from now on, on my PC.  Tests show no difference with wired or wireless.

Val

Highlighted

Hi Val,

Thank you for the updates. These latency issues affecting your trading platform, did this happen while on Gen 4 as well? If not, engineering has identified a root cause for issues that might include yours. They've already developed a fix that needs to be rolled out at the gateways in order to benefit. We weren't given a time frame from when this rollout will happen, but once we find out I'll let you know. Again, this *might* address your issue with the trading platform, since your scenario is similar to others' that engineering thinks might be addressed by this fix. 

I'll post back once I have any other news to share.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted
Senior

I would have to say no for the most part on Gen 4.  I traded it way before issues began with no problems.  First issues was when Gen 4 crapped out and then I was told to switch to Gen 5 as that would fix my issues and issues got worse with the trading platform and internet.  Hope that is info you wanted to have.

Val

Highlighted

Thanks for the confirmation, Val. This sound like a similar issue engineering was seeing, for which this fix might be a solution. I'll let you know when I hear anything about its rollout.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted
Senior

Well I see nothing new for a fix for my slow internet.  This has been bad all month. Today is worse email won't load pictures, weather app won't load, forget watching a video.  I have given up and can not wait til I can find another way to get internet.

Val

Highlighted

Hi Val,

Thanks for posting, I thought I PMed you to address your concerns. I'll resend. Thanks for your patience and cooperation.