New Gen 5 due to bad Gen 4 Still no glory! What now? :(

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
val_t
Senior

New Gen 5 due to bad Gen 4 Still no glory! What now? :(

I must say I am Not Happy with my New Gen 5.  Now I am locked it for 2 years so how do I get this working?

Also how do I post screen shots of tests here.

Val

135 REPLIES 135
val_t
Senior

ok here is a link to test just taken at 25MB for download

[url=https://testmy.net/db/cwnerATDL][img]https://testmy.net/cwnerATDL.png[/img][/url]

and here are some from the 6th 

https://testmy.net/stats/?&t=c&d=01092018&x=9&l=25&q=2274099784602

Hope these show.

Val

The post above has link to all tests.

I took 3 at 25 Mb    Very odd that last tests are way up from previous ones all of a sudden

What?  No Tech Support!!!  Not even a comment to say we are working on it?  

I thought for sure someone would have posted something by now.  😞

I will keep adding 25MB tests to my link along with the upload tests of 4MB      Hopefully someone will at least look into it and reply back.   Don't get me wrong I realize there are many (wait .... Looks Like ALL Huges net users are not getting the promised speeds) users not getting what paid for I am guessing I will be at end of the list.   Even though I was Gen 4 user that upgraded because told that would fix the issue.  

I am seriously NOT HAPPY about this.

Val

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Sometimes it takes up to 72 hours.  

@Liz

@Amanda

Hi Val,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! Thank you also running the tests, this helps. We'll run some additional diagnostics on your site and investigate. We'll post back once we have additional news to share.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Thanks for getting back to me Liz.   I have been with the New Gen 5 since 12/29  prior to that I was on Gen 4 for 2+ years.  Some of my data on the first few days disappeard.  Not sure why other than my router was reset a few times and I think they changed where my beam was.... not sure but I know it was seeing Missouri at one time now looking at Texas. 

Sorry have not posted any tests for today been busy with other things.  Last nights were way faster but it is up and down so hard to know if anything is fixed or not.

Again thanks for getting back to me and looking forward to your information you find.

Val

Good morning Val,

No worries, we don't more tests from you at the moment. Please check your private messages in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Thank  you Liz,

I have replied.   Now if someone can tell me how to get that red dot to go away It would be awesome   Smiley Happy  I replied so maybe that it is not seen yet??   Anyway if someone knows how let me know.

Val

I figured it out.  

I had to click on the subject I think it was and that took me into the actual message.  There I could reply and keep the messages connected.

It is not that obvious as there is a send message at top of the area where I could read the message in full.

Thought I would post this in case someone else did it like I did and still have a red dot.

Val

Hi Val,

Please check your private messages in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

-Liz

Hi Liz

I have replied

Hi Liz,

Guy has been here and repointed sattelite to 17    Speeds if correct are at 20 mbps   Still .......... youtube buffers at 480 using the data saver and without using it.  Any suggestions?

Val

Fast dot com.JPG

ookla test.JPG

First test I tried got 2.4 mbps and then it hung up on the upload had to restart it.ookla 2.JPG

networks app.JPG

ok it is several hours later and I rebooted my computer.......... now I have super slow loading on Amazon and this is what I get. Forum loaded fine but always does.error code.JPG

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

@val_t wrote:

ok it is several hours later and I rebooted my computer.......... now I have super slow loading on Amazon and this is what I get. Forum loaded fine but always does.error code.JPG

Looks more like a browser/certificate/OS problem.

What OS are you using, Windows version?

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@val_t

Just some info.  Fast.com is a speed testing site that actually causes the Video Data Saver to engage.  I suspect it's due to the test mimicking streaming, and I suspect that is due to Netflix wanting the test to be as close as possible to what the streaming experience will be.   Because of this, to get your actual speed with Fast.com, you should turn the Video Data Saver off.  BUT, it's recommended to not use Fast.com as it uses a LOT of data for its speed tests.  Often upwards of 60MB to 80MB per test.  

As for the Amazon problem, I suffer from this, too. The first thing I try is flushing the DNS cache.  To do this, close any open pages, then open a Command prompt and type "ipconfig /flushdns", without the quotes, then hit enter.  Also, just so there is no confusion, there IS a space between the g and the forward slash.  After you've done this, try Amazon again.    

If this doesn't help, sometimes restarting the modem does.  To do this, you should shut down your computer, unplug the modem, wait about thirty seconds or so, plug the modem back in, wait about three minutes, then start your computer and try again. 

If this doesn't help, try changing the DNS server your computer uses.  Google's DNS servers seem to be the most popular.  The following instructions are for Windows 10.  

How to change DNS settings on a Windows 10 PC  You should use the Control Panel method.  Google's servers are 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 for Preferred and Alternate, respectively.  

In the end, though, you may end up just having to wait.  What's causing the issue I don't know, but I find that it tends to resolve itself after ten or twenty minutes.  It's a pain, no doubt, as I use Amazon quite often.  You can my post here...  https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Amazon-Issue-Occasionally-Not-Loading-or-Not-Loading...

@GabeU wrote:

@val_t

Just some info.  Fast.com is a speed testing site that actually causes the Video Data Saver to engage.  I suspect it's due to the test mimicking streaming, and I suspect that is due to Netflix wanting the test to be as close as possible to what the streaming experience will be.   Because of this, to get your actual speed with Fast.com, you should turn the Video Data Saver off.  BUT, it's recommended to not use Fast.com as it uses a LOT of data for its speed tests.  Often upwards of 60MB to 80MB per test.  

As for the Amazon problem, I suffer from this, too. The first thing I try is flushing the DNS cache.  To do this, close any open pages, then open a Command prompt and type "ipconfig /flushdns", without the quotes, then hit enter.  Also, just so there is no confusion, there IS a space between the g and the forward slash.  After you've done this, try Amazon again.    

If this doesn't help, sometimes restarting the modem does.  To do this, you should shut down your computer, unplug the modem, wait about thirty seconds or so, plug the modem back in, wait about three minutes, then start your computer and try again. 

If this doesn't help, try changing the DNS server your computer uses.  Google's DNS servers seem to be the most popular.  The following instructions are for Windows 10.  

How to change DNS settings on a Windows 10 PC  You should use the Control Panel method.  Google's servers are 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 for Preferred and Alternate, respectively.  

In the end, though, you may end up just having to wait.  What's causing the issue I don't know, but I find that it tends to resolve itself after ten or twenty minutes.  It's a pain, no doubt, as I use Amazon quite often.  You can my post here...  https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Amazon-Issue-Occasionally-Not-Loading-or-Not-Loading...

I gave you steps to resolve the Amazon problem. You did not respond. SMH at you.