cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Gen 5 due to bad Gen 4 Still no glory! What now? :(

Highlighted
Senior

Re: New Gen 5 due to bad Gen 4 Still no glory! What now? :(

Here is another pic of same video....... it did not load much as you can see in first pic, but it finally cactches up and buffers again in this pic.  Hoping this info will help them figure it out.

Val

Caught up again.JPG

Highlighted
Senior

at 12:05 loaded to here then stopped.  Going to wait and and show you how it stays that way.

Val1205pm loaded to here.JPG

Highlighted
Senior

Here it is at 12:15 ...... still in same place.  As you can see this is only a 27:56 video and it takes me twice as long to watch it. Smiley Sad  Very annoying Smiley Sad  I took the whole screen so you could see time.

Sad thing is that I will probably have to pause it and let load another time maybe twice to see it.  If I don't pause it ....... it is so on and off it is impossible to watch.  This has been the problem most days.  Some days it works but not very often.  I would guess 1/4 to 1/3rd of the time they play.

Val

1215 still in same place on loading.JPG

Highlighted
Associate Professor

Not sure if you're on the East Coast or not, but there's a massive rainmaker that's ranging from the Gulf all the way to NY State and into New England.

Lots of dropped packets and resends are occurring because of the line of weather blocking multiple areas to the spot beams on the satellite.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Highlighted
Senior

Far from the East Coast but thanks for trying to help Smiley Happy

Val

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@val_t

Unfortunately, the video only loading a little further when you pause it is something Youtube seems to do quite often.  It would be great if one could pause it toward the beginning, then wait until it finished loading to watch it, but Youtube seems to not want to allow this.  Smiley Sad 

I don't know if it has to do with the capacity of the Youtube servers or what it could be, as sometimes it does work.    

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted
Senior

The problem is that Hughes has oversold Gen5. They are squeezing the life out of our access.

I recommend that you start complaining using social media. This way the world can see what is going on with Hughes.

The Twitter account for corporate is @Hughes_Corp. You can also add your voice to @AskHughes while also actually reading the pages and pages of unsatisied customers.

While this group can be helpful, they are way over their heads at this time.

Highlighted
Senior

@GabeU

Thanks for the input.  I never had a problem pausing and letting them load before.  Maybe they have changed something at youtube that I am not aware of.  Bummer if they did.  But then again I never had to before now I just did if I had to go answer the door or something.  Hope Hughesnet gets it fixed soon.

@lake_woman

I don't use twitter or facebook.  But even if I did I would not do what your asking me to do.  I feel they have given us a place to come to for issues and I will give them kudos for that.  

It seems that is all those things are for is a bunch of people hiding behind a username giving others greif, I want no part in that.

Val

Highlighted
Associate Professor

@val_t

It seems that is all those things are for is a bunch of people hiding behind a username giving others greif, I want no part in that.

I wish I had a dime for every moany bad opinion I saw on Twitter.

#NailedIt

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Highlighted
Senior

Smiley LOL