cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Gen 5 due to bad Gen 4 Still no glory! What now? :(

val_t
Senior

Re: New Gen 5 due to bad Gen 4 Still no glory! What now? :(

I also have a question about this Download Tool ..... I might want to use that.  Where is it and does it cost anything.

It is supposedly for downloading things and you set the time to do it.   Also will it do uploading?

And.......... should I change that time setting back?

Val

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Regarding the time zone setting, no, it won't hurt anything.  I have mine changed to my own time zone, too.  It's only regarding the router part of the modem to make it easier for us when we're changing settings and such in said router, but it won't affect anything regarding the modem's settings or diagnostics, so you can leave it where you set it.   

Regarding a download tool, what people use varies.  I don't use a download tool, though I used to when I had my old daily fill legacy plan, and dialup before that.  It all really depends on if you're doing general downloading or something specific, like downloading videos to a local server.  I'm not very familiar with what people use these days.  Maybe others who have posted in this thread will see your question and will be able to give some advice.  

Here's an article on some different free ones.... https://www.lifewire.com/free-download-managers-4129266 

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
val_t
Senior

Ok I take it the page I read that on is out of date then.  Hugesnet page said there was a download tool to help manage and do them on bonus time etc.  Not sure where on site I got to that but was somewhere in the area of contract.

Val

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@val_t wrote:

Ok I take it the page I read that on is out of date then.  Hugesnet page said there was a download tool to help manage and do them on bonus time etc.  Not sure where on site I got to that but was somewhere in the area of contract.

Val

Actually, I did a little searching, and though I didn't realize this, it appears that they used to offer such a tool.  I found a post from mid 2015 that references that they no longer do, so it must have been done away with prior to that.  

That's interesting.  I've had HughesNet since late 2004 and I never knew they had such a tool.  It probably would have come in pretty handy!  Smiley Happy  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
val_t
Senior

My internet still slow........... even slower now.  Even the Hughes net test shows slower but I still don't believe it.  LOL

Good night.  Can't do much so going to watch TV even tho nothing worth watching is on.  LOL  Everything as far as movies go is all reruns.  Smiley Sad

Val

Tonights test.JPGtest tonight.JPG

Liz

Good morning Val,

Thank you for keeping us updated. Although I haven't heard back from engineering regarding your case, I will send over yesterday's speed test result and check on engineering's status. 

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

val_t
Senior

Thanks Liz,

Here is one for today just a few minutes ago.   I still don't believe the Hughesnet one. 

Valspeed test 2-22-18.JPG

Liz

Good morning Val,

The engineer ran a speed test analysis through last night and will compensate you for the usage (most likely by putting the bandwidth directly into your token bytes amount so you don't have to do anything). The engineer would also like to confirm the device you're using lately to try to stream, is it still just the laptop/PC connected directly to the modem?

Also, where is the modem with regards to the laptop/pc?

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

val_t
Senior

Hi Liz,

PC across hall from modem on new cable (flat type)  Previous tests show no difference if I hook straight in to modem in same room.  Just so you know.

Val

val_t
Senior

Got a question about billing............  When does new bill show as I just got my 5 day notice and it is still showing Feb 8 due date bill.  Smiley Sad

I am still not happy I got billed full price from Dec 29 to Jan 1.  Then had to pay for January on Feb 8. (actually taken on the 29th of January) due on 8th Feb.

I was told it was Pre Billed but if this is how they do it ..... sure looks like pay for at the end of month since they started me over On Jan 1.  Just so you understand I paid 89.98 Dec 29th for my first month.  Then I got billed for the tax from first payment and the full bill on Dec 29th again. then had to pay for January on Feb 8th.  First payment was done on 28th  think then bill shows 29th.

Val

Dec Bill.JPG