cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Gen 5 due to bad Gen 4 Still no glory! What now? :(

Liz

Re: New Gen 5 due to bad Gen 4 Still no glory! What now? :(

Hi Val,

You were issued an on going credit for a few months for your concerns, this was applied after your initial bill was already generated, so your latest bill on 1/29 is the first to see the credit. Your bill generates every month on the 29th, so your next bill will be available Feb 29.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

val_t
Senior

Ok I did get some credit off Jan bill .......... I do not see credits until bill is generated.  Did I get 92.23 worth of credits spread out over time?

I wasn't aware that that credit was for the bill ..... thought was for poor internet and no internet first 3 days.

Val

Liz

Hi Val,

Please check your PMs as I explained your bill in further detail.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

val_t
Senior

Thanks Liz,

All understood now.

Val

val_t
Senior

Hi Liz,

Just want to share a speed test to show you why I don't trust the other speed tests from Hughes.  This is when I am in FAP and you can see my app shows I am and also now Hughes does also.

2-28 tests.JPG

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@val_t

Keep in mind that one is giving you results in bits per second, while the other is bytes per second.  Multiply Bytes per second by eight to get bits per second.  

With this said, it's possible that I'm misinterpreting your post and that you're actually saying that you trust Hughes' test results and acknowledge that the results from the two sources are similar...at least with your most recent test.  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Liz

Hi Val, 

You can stick to testmy.net and not waste time with the HughesNet test if you prefer. The engineers are fine with testmy.net.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

val_t
Senior

@GabeU

I am only saying that My app I believe is correct.  I have not been getting the speeds Hughes net says I should get.  The first day I was on Gen 5 I got a speed test of 31 MBs on this app and that is what testmy.net said.  As soon as the Tech left I went to 5 or less ever since.  I also know I could watch videos with out any buffering before when on Gen 4 which is supposedly not as good as Gen 5 and I should have no issues watching 4K if I wanted to according to the Tech that installed it.  So something is wrong with this setup or modem or something.

Val

macsociety
Advanced Tutor

@GabeUwrote:

@val_t

Keep in mind that one is giving you results in bits per second, while the other is bytes per second.  Multiply Bytes per second by eight to get bits per second.  

With this said, it's possible that I'm misinterpreting your post and that you're actually saying that you trust Hughes' test results and acknowledge that the results from the two sources are similar...at least with your most recent test.  

I thought it was multiply bits per second by 8 to get bytes.  ;-)

8 bits - 1 byte

TJ

val_t
Senior

Kind of like asking a beekeeper how to go about raising queens.  You will get a different answer from every beekeeper you ask.   LOL

Val