New Gen 5 due to bad Gen 4 Still no glory! What now? :(

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
val_t
Senior

New Gen 5 due to bad Gen 4 Still no glory! What now? :(

I must say I am Not Happy with my New Gen 5.  Now I am locked it for 2 years so how do I get this working?

Also how do I post screen shots of tests here.

Val

135 REPLIES 135

@GabeU

Must be nice to have above 40  !

Val

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@val_twrote:

@GabeU

Must be nice to have above 40  !

Val

I've been pretty lucky over the years with HughesNet.  Other than a period of about five or six months back in 2006 or 2007, I've gotten at least the advertised speed for my package most of the time.  During that time period mentioned I upgraded my DW7000 modem to the HN7000s and my speed dropped to about a third of what it was.  After that six months or so it crept back up to normal again, but it was frustrating.  

Don't get me wrong, I never take the speeds I get for granted, as I know that some people aren't getting the speeds they should and/or are having other issues, and I feel for those that do have those issues, including you.  I hope that they get fixed, as I hope they do for everyone experiencing them.  

Hi Val,

Is that your MT4 platform that's giving you your ping?

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

The other one that I turned off until I get this mess fixed.  Causing me too many issues with dropped trades and fails to close etc.

Val

Just so you know.......... I am now using wireless from now on, on my PC.  Tests show no difference with wired or wireless.

Val

Hi Val,

Thank you for the updates. These latency issues affecting your trading platform, did this happen while on Gen 4 as well? If not, engineering has identified a root cause for issues that might include yours. They've already developed a fix that needs to be rolled out at the gateways in order to benefit. We weren't given a time frame from when this rollout will happen, but once we find out I'll let you know. Again, this *might* address your issue with the trading platform, since your scenario is similar to others' that engineering thinks might be addressed by this fix. 

I'll post back once I have any other news to share.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

I would have to say no for the most part on Gen 4.  I traded it way before issues began with no problems.  First issues was when Gen 4 crapped out and then I was told to switch to Gen 5 as that would fix my issues and issues got worse with the trading platform and internet.  Hope that is info you wanted to have.

Val

Thanks for the confirmation, Val. This sound like a similar issue engineering was seeing, for which this fix might be a solution. I'll let you know when I hear anything about its rollout.

Well I see nothing new for a fix for my slow internet.  This has been bad all month. Today is worse email won't load pictures, weather app won't load, forget watching a video.  I have given up and can not wait til I can find another way to get internet.

Val

Hi Val,

Thanks for posting, I thought I PMed you to address your concerns. I'll resend. Thanks for your patience and cooperation.