Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Gen 5 due to bad Gen 4 Still no glory! What now? :(

val_t
Senior

Re: New Gen 5 due to bad Gen 4 Still no glory! What now? :(

Hi Liz,

I hope I did it right.   I have Unchecked the box SSID enable on both the 2.4 and 5 GHz then saved it.  Hope that is what you were saying to do.  Will let you know if helped or if same.   Oh had to do them separately ... just incase anyone needs to do it.  do one save it do the other save it.

Valunchecked 2.4.JPGunchecked 5.JPG

Liz

Hi Val,

Yes, that is exactly correct, thank you for including screenshots as well! Please let me know if streaming YouTube with one computer directly connected to the HughesNet modem, and with VDS off makes any difference.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

val_t
Senior

Your welcome Liz,

I hope your saving those for the "How to" sticky I asked for.  Smiley LOL  Heart

Will let you know when I watch a vid.

Will I need to turn that back on for my printer to be able to upload data?  Can I keep my TV from accessing it?

Currently both are not able to.  I would like to keep the TV off of it if possible.

Val

val_t
Senior

Hi Liz,

I did not see any difference from last testing.  buffered in beginning then worked.  Lots of network activity on datasaver none on the data saver off just a few blips but did not affect video.  Began at 8:33 am Saturday morning.  Wasn't much interested with my random pick so only did half way to save data.

Val

data ondata ondata half waydata half wayinteruptions.JPGno data saver buffering beginningno data saver buffering beginningno data half wayno data half wayspeed test 2-3.JPG

val_t
Senior

Just so you know ..... After I did that test I tried to watch a short 7.33 min video and it buffered all the way thru.  55 times! I counted them.

This is so annoying.  I do not trust the speeds given in speed test.  A video should not buffer at all at those speeds. Smiley Sad

Val

Liz

Good morning Val,

Thank you for the tests and the screenshots, this helps. Let me escalate this to engineering for their input. We'll post back once there's any news to share.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

val_t
Senior

Hi Liz,

Beautiful clear sky and sunshine today but....... having issues again and my tests at Hughesnet are way over blown in my opinion.

2-8-18 tests.JPG

val_t
Senior

I just wanted to show you what Youtube says about speeds and what you can watch with those speeds.

If my speedtests are correct then why can I not watch a 480 video without buffering?  I never had this problem before Smiley Sad

Val

Internet speeds for Youtube.JPG

Liz

That's certainly a question for the engineers, who are still looking into your case. Haven't heard back from them yet, but we'll let you know once we do.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

val_t
Senior

Hi Liz,

Just wanted to let you know .... I figure if I say nothing you won't know, and its info you need I think.

Today is worse...... but is expected since there is misty rain and clouds.  buffering at 360 without data saver and speeds are same as yesterdays on my app.  I am going to run without data saver and just keep my videos on the 480 for max size.  Hopefully I can make it to end of month but won't know unless I try it.  I could watch videos all day long no problem on gen 4 no buffering unless raining or super cloudy but still not as bad as what I have now.  Something else I notice is when I am buffering I can not pause and let it fully load so can watch.  It only loads a small amount and stops.   Then when I watch, I have to wait again so it can load some more.  I took a screen shot to show you how much it will load then stop.  I have walked away for long time to come back and find this several times.  No way around it I guess til they fix whatever is causing it.

Val

Buffering and not loading in pause.JPG