cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Gen 5 owner in Northern California (slow as molasses)

Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Re: New Gen 5 owner in Northern California (slow as molasses)

I think it would be hilarious if his issue was rooted in something within his own network Smiley Happy

Just look at all the self-proclaimed "Sys Admins" we have had posting over the years.

All I can say is that my system performs well 99% of the time.

MarkJFine
Professor

Zzzzzz 😴

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Amanda

Weird, I thought MRex was banned yesterday. Sorry about that everyone! I know that a lot of people requested that this thread get cleaned up a bit and we did attempt to do that yesterday. Our apologies if any legitimate results were removed in the process.

~Amanda

zoomzoom
New Poster

Hi all, new to the community and Hughes net. i used a Verizon mifi unit before the switch.    I'm having possibly the same problem. some websites don't fully down load, even my yahoo email won't all ways down load all emails from previous days. I just tried updating my windows 10 computer and it would not connect to the up date site. I unplug my modem each night so that would probably work as a reboot. before i call Hughes net i thought i would check here. I have been with hughes net for about one month.  Any advise?

download speed seems to be 16mbps and up load speed .81mbps. low? normal? 

Amanda

Hi zoomzoom,

I pulled up your account and see that you are in a different area and on a different satellite. While your diagnostics look great in terms of signal strength and the other basic factors, the issues you are describing will need a little more troubleshooting.

Instead of calling, I think it would be easier if you created your own thread outlining some things like: time of day this is happening, a few of the websites you are having trouble loading, web browser you are using and e-mail client you are using to download your e-mail.

Thank you,

Amanda

zoomzoom
New Poster

thanks amanda

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@C0RR0SIVE wrote:

He has been like that since day one.

Somehow I was unsubscribed from this thread, so I didn't see his posts, but maybe that's a good thing.  Smiley Tongue 

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
macsociety
Advanced Tutor

@Amanda wrote:

Weird, I thought MRex was banned yesterday. Sorry about that everyone! I know that a lot of people requested that this thread get cleaned up a bit and we did attempt to do that yesterday. Our apologies if any legitimate results were removed in the process.

~Amanda

@Amanda, thank you for cleaning up the thread.  I am the original poster and don't mind others adding on but not when they are out of control like that Mrex person.

Sure, some of us on beam 55 are not thrilled with our service but we are mostly keeping calm about it.

I just don't want my initial issue to be lost in the mix with all the nonsense posts.

I am hoping before 2017 ends all of us on beam 55 are getting sufficient services and not the very slow speeds like 12k uploads and 150k downloads.

Hoping for the best and thanks again for removing all that Mrex posts.

TJ

TYGRHobbes
Junior

150k downloads, yikes that's worse than me. Mine is hovering just around 600-800k. This will be my last post here as I moved mine to a new thread. Yes, let's hope this beam 55 problem can be solved so we can all have a Merry Chrismas and Happy New Year =D. Good luck to all!

macsociety
Advanced Tutor

@TYGRHobbes wrote:

150k downloads, yikes that's worse than me. Mine is hovering just around 600-800k. This will be my last post here as I moved mine to a new thread. Yes, let's hope this beam 55 problem can be solved so we can all have a Merry Chrismas and Happy New Year =D. Good luck to all!

Hi @TYGRHobbes,  these are in FAP state right now so with whatever the beam 55 issue is, if you are in FAP, instead of getting normal FAP speeds, they also feel the slow down pain it seems since I get so low of #s.

But prior to FAP, after 5PM to say 11PM my speeds diminished and I would have to go back and look but speeds were normally 500K down but it did not seem like real 500K, meaning websites timed out, would not open, or took minutes to load.  Sometimes it would bounce back up to 1Mbps and that seemed to be OK, but common when not in FAP but late in the day downloads were 1Mbps to 1.5Mbps.  It at least was OK when I had that speed but it also went down to K range and then all goes to pot.

But during FAP, yeh it is really bad.  During the day while in FAP I get 1.2Mbps and it works fine.... but 5PM hits and man does it die fast.  By 8PM I am getting uploads of 12k and downloads of 150K.  It hurts bad. grin.

TJ