cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Gen 5 owner in Northern California (slow as molasses)

Senior

Re: New Gen 5 owner in Northern California (slow as molasses)

Beam 55  Ranch, Ca

Below Red Line Before Modem Reboot

Gen5 Speed 10.15 5Pm..png

This was my second reboot today. Why do I have to reboot to get 1.7Mbs speed at best?

Would the reboot indicate something? I couldn't send email at 369Kps, the server timed out. My service is starting to be unpleasant.

GrumpyCat.png

Distinguished Professor IV

@ecoalex2

I think when you reboot it "refreshes" the connection or something, kind of like when you empty the cache on your computer.  I could be completely wrong about this, though.  I have noticed in the past when I had a slower speed that rebooting seemed to improve it a bit, at least for a while.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Senior

Beam 55-

I had Gen5 for many months, with no troubles, now for the past 2 weeks troubles.

I didn't have to unplug/plug in the modem. Now it's 2x a day..

Something has changed for us on beam 55.

I use Linux, and never have to empty my chache.

I also had the FAP speed of 2.9 Mbs, now the best I get is 1.7.

Something has changed, I hope it is resolved soon.

I try to show my speeds and times, actions, to help, it appears the techs are stumpted so far.

Maybe a Beam 55 reboot would help?

Freshman

You and i are in the same boat........... same area/same problem.  Signed up on new Gen5  about 2 months ago. Worked fine for maybe 2 or 3 weeks then the bottom fell out.  I now get speeds likie .10Kbps/download  0/kbs upload.  Got the same run around with tech support.  Finallay got some answers about a week+ ago.  Are you ready for this -- having some kind of alingment (?) problem or problem with sat.  They are working on it. SAID THEY MAYBE HAVE IT FIXED IN A MONTH!!!  In the mean time you and i could walk faster and have a one on one chat with whoever we are trying deal with on the system.  I AM NOT HAPPY.!! By the way sometimes it works for a few minutes but still only around 1 to 4 Mbps. 

Freshman

Yes, it is a business account- altho how you can be expected to do business at these unpredictable speeds is beyond me- so the cancellation fee is $880.  Info was correct.

Hi folks,

A network adjustment on beam 55 was completed this morning. We have some customers informing our phone agents that they are seeing improved performance. Please let us know if you are also getting a noticebly improved experience.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Senior

Hi Liz Smiley Happy

Beam 55 Mt Ranch, Ca

No improvement for me, my FAP speed used to be 2.8 , now 1.7Mbs

Worse this morning-

Gen5 Monday Am.png

@Liz,

the last couple of days been teased by fast during day, or at least decent, then night would come and wham, slow again.  But.... so far today, and it is about 7PM here, speeds are holding.  

http://testmy.net/stats/?&t=u&l=25&z=74&q=macsociety

If they stay like this, I will be a happy camper.

Thanks for letting us know beam 55 was updated.

I will report if speeds stay steady for next week or so... then I will leave it be unless something happens.

I also note I am no longer on the outroute 7 but now 1.  

Maybe that is why I am getting along better?

Thanks for the help.

TJ

Senior

Today's ride- I had to reboot to get 1.37Mbs in the Am.

I had to reboot to get 1.4Mbs at 7:44 Pm.

2 reboots to get 1.37 we are fapped, but used to have 2.8 FAP speed Now Smiley Sad

What happened 2 weeks ago? What changed? is the question.

Gen5 8.12Pm .png

@Liz

Ah bummed.... back to slow.  Last test 1.6Mbps down.  About 9PM.

Can't even perform an upload test.  Just goes forever.

http://testmy.net/quickstats/macsociety

Reset via 192.168.0.1 admin app.

Will try a hard reboot soon.

TJ