cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Gen 5 owner in Northern California (slow as molasses)

Senior

Re: New Gen 5 owner in Northern California (slow as molasses)

10:48 Am PstI just ran a speed test- I had 33Mbs. Sorry to hear you are having speed problems. I guess it's up to the techs and their queries of the modem,etc..

Hope you get it resolved soon.

Sophomore

1.5 Mbs at 11:05 am Smiley Frustrated

Senior

@ 11:12  Am Pst  down arrow Download :: 35.8 Mbps 4.5 MB/s

Location - 95249

Hi folks,

Update from engineering regarding beam 55. They are planning on making network adjustments to your beam this Saturday. Please monitor your system performance after that and let us know how it goes. This adjustment is just one step of several other action items on the horizon to address your speed concerns.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

@Liz wrote:

Hi folks,

Update from engineering regarding beam 55. They are planning on making network adjustments to your beam this Saturday. Please monitor your system performance after that and let us know how it goes. This adjustment is just one step of several other action items on the horizon to address your speed concerns.

Thank you @Liz

TJ

@Liz

Is this adjustment to beam 55 still happening on Saturday?

Just curious so I can monitor things and notify if I see improvements.

Thanks

TJ

Hi TJ,

Yes, this morning I was at a meeting with engineering present and they confirmed they're going ahead with the adjustments tomorrow. Looking forward to hearing how it goes next week.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Sophomore

I'll stay tuned and see what happens....

I'm curious Liz if you know, or can say, what happened around Sept. 23rd that changed things significantly?  I had great speeds overall (some slowdown in evenings) before that date, and it's been very bad since then with very slow speeds most times with only minimal times where it's usable. 

As a new customer who might not stick around, even if they fix things this Saturday, can we expect this type of thing in the future?

Thanks.

Senior

I had to reboot again last evening, as the best I had was 1Mb or less in 3 tests..

Since this is new to me , I didn't have this last week, or before, what hapenned? Was something "tweaked"  last week?

At least I can reboot and restore my speed tp 30Mbs or better.Smiley Happy

Hi folks,

Engineering constantly makes network adjustments to ensure good network performance for our 1+ million subscriber base, I don't know of any single change that may have caused slower than plan speed performance during specific periods. Many factors can affect speed, both on the HughesNet and home network sides. While our engineers are focusing on addressing beam 55 tomorrow, it's too early to say how things will fare in the future. However, we have been getting more regular updates from engineering on their efforts to address the recent concerns for our Gen 5 subscribers.

We'll keep you updated as we get news available to share.

Thanks,
Liz