cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Gen5 User: Performance is Terrible

Distinguished Professor IV

Re: New Gen5 User: Performance is Terrible

@kevsterini

Sorry for all of the extra nonsense that has invaded your thread.  Unfortunately, beam 66 looks to be one of the beams that is having speed issues.  The engineers are working on the issue, though I don't know when they will have completed what it is they are doing. Smiley Sad  

I'll tag the reps so that they will be aware that you are having issues.  They may contact you, as well reply in here.

@Liz 

@Amanda  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Hi kevsterini,

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting. Please plug the HughesNet modem into a wall outlet and let me know if you notice any change in performance.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

New Poster

I understand your frustration...  I just upgraded my Gen4 system for a Gen5 and even though Gen5 has 3 times the speed it operates 2 times slower, can't even watch YouTube or Netflix any more without constant buffering... how is that possible?   My guess is poor engineering and releasing the system before its ready.  Extremely dissapointed with this supposed upgrade... a definite downgrade in my opinion. If they can't work out the bugs soon I will be asking for my old system back.