New Gen5 WiFi doesn't work reliably

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mmollinet
Sophomore

New Gen5 WiFi doesn't work reliably

I recently upgraded to the Gen5 system.  I was excited that they now included a WiFi router.  Everything seemed to work just fine when I first set it up.  Both the 2.4 and 5 GHz seemed to work just fine.  I have mostly Apple devices (Laptop, iPad, iPhone, and AppleTV). But then after a few hours the 5 GHz network wouldn't show up (and no, I didn't move out of range).  After fiddling around for probably 8 hours, it seemed that the 4 different networks (2.4, 5.0, 2.4 Guest, and 5.0 Guest) would intermittently work.  I couldn't find the 5.0 GHz network, but could find the 5.0 GHz Guest Network. Then 20 minutes later I could find the 5.0 GHz network, but not the guest network, etc.  I reset the modem (unplugging and plugging back in) about 20 times over several hours. When plugged back in all seemed to show up, but it would only last a few minutes and then one would disapper again.  I have a good strong full signal where I was testing it.  It was absolutely infuriating.  I finally just gave up and turned off all of the built-in WiFi networks and connected my Apple Airport Extreme router again and eveything has worked just fine since.  What is going on with the HughesNet router?  I would appreciate any response, but especially from HughesNet Tech Support person. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Liz

Good morning mmollinet,

Our engineers have recently rolled out the update to one gateway for observations before determining whether to deploy to all gateways. We will be checking in with the engineers daily next week for an ETA for the nationwide update release and let you know as soon as we have news to share.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

33 REPLIES 33