cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Hughes VOIP best on market for satellite

New Poster

New Hughes VOIP best on market for satellite

New Hughes VOIP is the best I had the pleasure of using . Over the years I tried every VOIP on the market and all them failed . Too much echo and lag . The new Hughes VOIP does not have Echo and the lag is not noticeable. Easy to set up , Crystal Clear calls and a lot of added features . Call waiting , Caller ID , 3 way calling . Can set it to forward your calls when you not at home. cost wise still cheaper than AT&T @ 47.00 to 67.00 a month .
25 REPLIES 25
Sophomore

Re: New Hughes VOIP best on market for satellite

I find your experience interesting and informative. I have never used VOIP because my hughes.net connection through the HN7000S is not fast enough and the latency is too high. I am struggling with a GlobalStar fixed Sat phone and have no other options at my location. I have tried to call Hughes about their phone offer but my Sat phone drops the line before I get to a sales person. Would you please tell me what the $47/month buys? Thanks for your help
New Poster

the 47.00 is the AT&T cost Hughes VOIP is like 19.00 per month for 3 months then it goes to 29.00 .It offers all the bells and wistles that a normal phone company offers . Caller ID with name and number , 3 way calling , call forwarding , voice mail ,sim rings (allows you to add you cell numbers to list if your VOIP rings it alerts your cells ) So far I not had any problems other than heavy rains and that's to be expected being it use the HT1000
Highlighted

Good morning Tim, I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying your HughesNet Voice system! Thanks for the comment here.

Tom, as Tim already mentioned above we offer a number of features such as call waiting, call forwarding, caller ID and enhanced Voicemail with remote access and email and text alerts. I've listed our HughesNet Voice website below which has additional information. If you have any follow up questions please let us know or give us a call. Thanks, Sara

http://gen4.hughesnet.com/promo/voice...
New Poster

Good Morning Sara yes I enjoying it its the best I tried and I tried them all. Even had calls come in from UK crystal clear . Hughes on to something good

Margaret, You should not post your email address on line as it will be scanned by Spam bots that will then start sending you junk email. You can edit your post and delete the email. The forum will automatically send an email to you when someone responds.

TimJ, I've seen a few dedicated VoIP modem from different ISPs. They were all modem and VoIP in one with a battery backup that last a couple of days so you can use the phone when the power goes out. I'm curious what sort of battery backup does the Hughes VoIP system have since the radio uses a fair bit of juice? I've searched hi and low but there does not seem to be any public info about the device.
New Poster

Notechsupport there's no Battery back up on the unit .
And so far I had very few problems with unit I streamed movies and talked on phone without any loss of useage . I can only answer general question about this unit because theres not much info out there on unit .I glady answer question on quality , lag , echo . call drops .Anyone want more info I post more . I used ever VOIP on the market from the Magic Jack to the 450 buck ones you see on tv now . I used it on Hughes HN9000 and HT1000 I used them on WildBlue too. This unit only one that works proper on HT1000
Honorary Alumnus

TimJ,
The last part of your reply as to Margret's question was so garbled with lack of punctuation an misspellings as to be unintelligible.
(with our past, please understand that was not a criticism, but I don't understand that portion of your answer)

TimJ, Thanks for the info about lack of battery and the make/model. BTW I did find info on the 911 service in the voice subscriber agreement and it is not full 911. It goes through a relay system that may not be available outside of business hours!

Hughes strongly recommends that you always have an alternative means of accessing 911 emergency services via a traditional phone line or a wireless phone....

The psap or local emergency service dispatcher receiving the hughesnet voice service alternative 911 calls may not answer the calls outside of normal business hours and may not be able to capture and/or retain automatic number or location information.
http://legal.hughesnet.com/VoiceServi...