New Usage Meter v.6.7

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TRider
New Poster

New Usage Meter v.6.7

Just downloaded and installed the new Usage Meter v. 6.7.  Now the meter cannot reconnect to modem and says Modem not Available.

I run Win 10 and have HT 1000 modem. Any help would be appreciated

47 REPLIES 47
kitnbob
Tutor

When that happened to me, I had to tell Norton Firewall to "allow" the new activity.

Then after re-starting HughesNet UsageMeter. The modem was there..

Amanda

Hello TRider,

You may need to re-apply a setting to the new Usage Meter if you are getting this error. Usually these steps will do the trick:

Right click the status meter icon in your taskbar/notification area (bottom right corner, near the time)

Click 'Settings'

Uncheck 'default address' then type in "192.168.0.1" without quotations and hit save

Thanks,

Amanda

Downloaded the "new" version and it does not work. Keep getting Java script error. Found out Windows 10 and Goggle Chrome does not support Java?? So what do i do now!

JavaScript has nothing to do with Java. Chrome supports JavaScript just fine.

1. Quit the Usage Meter

2. Go to C:\Users\[your User name]\AppData\Roaming\

3. Carefully delete just the "HughesNet Usage Meter" directory under that and empty the trash.

4. Restart the Usage Meter.

Depending upon how the different versions were installed (user only or everyone on the computer) there may be other such directories. You may have to look in some of the other [your User name] to see if there's another "HughesNet Usage Meter" folder somewhere and kill those before restarting it.

You don't have to uninstall/reinstall anything. That does nothing of the above.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Hello all,

Just wanted to note that the steps provided above by @MarkJFine are to resolve the JavaScript error sometimes seen after hard-shutdowns for the status meter in response to a comment unrelated to the original post. You don't need to delete any folders when troubleshooting "modem cannot be found" errors.

Thanks

Amanda

Thanks @Amanda, you are correct.

I completely missed that this was unrelated to the OP making it easy to confuse different solutions to different problems.

Also a perfect illustration of why it's always a good idea to start a new post instead of 'tagging on' to an old one.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

That solved the problem. Thanks

Can you explain what solved your problem?

I am have tried everything else.

@GreyFox200

RoadKing had Different problem . different solution.

I still think you have a firewall problem.

Others think so too. 

If you dont know what Anti Virus Program you are using, windows firewall  might be in use.

I am running Trend Micro ,have been for years. It automatically turns off the Windows Defender. Double checked and Defender is turned off. Trend Micro website say's to keep it turned off as two systems running at the same time causes conflict?? Thx for heads up. Hope this info  helps.No hard shut downs so status meter running fine so far!!

Correct me if I am wrong, but Win Defender and Win Firewall are two different programs. They are next to each other in MY Control Pannel. I dont run Win Defender either............... What about the Firewall?????

Windows  Defender is turned off.Question ? why turn off the Windows Firewall?? How would that effect the Status Meter crashing with a hrd shutdown?? Curious?

Windows 10 defender is turned off.

Disabled Trend Micro.

Version 6.7.0 does not work.

Installed 6.7.0 on Windows 7.  Doesn't work.

Installed 6.6.1 on Windows 7.  Works just fine.

Installed 6.6.1 on portable machine.  Took the machine to the local library.  No problems.  Installed 6.7.0 on portable machine and went back to the library.  Does not work.

You think you know the problem and others think so too.  Well, the truth is not determined by popular vote.  Unless you have additional information regarding the firewall problem, your advice is of no use.

Do not comprehend  your answer ,foworded to me! I offer NO advice to no one just questions!

@GreyFox200 wrote:

.........  Unless you have additional information regarding the firewall problem, your advice is of no use.

@GreyFox200

I haven't given you any advice. 

I still think you have a firewall problem.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Folks,

One thing that would help to allay confusion in this thread is to make sure to note just who it is that you are replying to when you reply.  There are multiple people getting notifications of replies from this thread, so it's important to note who it is you are replying to when you do so. 

You can type the @ symbol, which will bring up a list of those who have participated in this thread, of which you can choose from, or just type the person's name, like the opening of a letter.  

@RG

Refer to the recent post https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/HughesNet-Usage-Meter-6-7-0-0/td-p/93083/

If your error message looks like that one, that solution is good.

Hi Amanda,

Thank you for the suggestion, however, it did not work.  Kitnbob suggestion also.  I have Avast and already allows.

Any more thoughts please.

Thanks,

TRider

@TRider

Check your computer's (or device's) DNS settings. If you're not using the modem's default DNS (192.168.0.1 or other default IPv6 address) it may have a problem connecting to it.

Under Settings, you should be able to uncheck "default modem address" and enter "192.168.0.1" in the box (if it's not already there), then click Save to fix it.

Just in case, are you able to bring up a browser and go to http://192.168.0.1 to get to the modem's System Control Center?

Thank you for your suggestion, however, I have already tried that and it did not fix the meter.

I can go to the System Control Center through my browser, is there something there I should

look at?  

It is odd, that this update does not work, yet the previous one worked just fine.

Any other suggestions?