FYI:                Greyfox hasn't accessed it yet

when I open it , it has MY dssxxxxxx number.... not his

Distinguished Professor III

Re: New Usage Meter v.6.7

@kitnbob wrote:

@MarkJFine

FYI:                Greyfox hasn't accessed it yet

when I open it , it has MY dssxxxxxx number.... not his

Yes, he did, and he posted what was shown in his browser from that link, which included his SAN.  When YOU click on that link it will show your SAN, and when I click on that link it will show my SAN.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Freshman

I do not have idea what you are talking about here. 

1.  There is not Yes or No option on any page I have seen.

2.  What does "click on the url on your computer and answer" mean. 

Nobody can help someone with cryptic answers.

Freshman

I do not use Norton.

I have checked the logs.  Nothing pertinent.

Assistant Professor

Maybe if not Norton, but something similar. Perhaps it's Windows' internal firewall blocking applications in general.

There has to be something that's blocking the application from communicating with the modem. It's something that doesn't apply to your browser, since it can access the modem's settings. It's also something that may not necessarily show in the logs you're looking at.

Are you able to right-click on the application's icon in file manager and bring up those kinds of firewall settings?

Edit: And please go into the post you copied info.bin in and edit your SAN out. There are three veritcal dots on the post - it's a menu. Click "Edit Reply" to put it in edit mode, search for the string that starts with "SAN=DSS" and a bunch of numbers, and just delete them, and re-save. Leaving your account number out in the open like that is like posting your credit card or social security number on the internet.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Senior

@GabeU wrote:

Yes, he did, and he posted what was shown in his browser from that link

@GabeU

@MarkJFine

Noted! you're right

Highlighted
Senior

@GreyFox200

My apologies, my post about clicking on the url was not helpful. Im sorry if it added to your confusion

Freshman

Thank you very much about the edit option.  It is not seen on the display page but when I clicked on something that looked strange, I got the option. 

Thanks again.

New Poster

That solved the problem. Thanks

Freshman

Can you explain what solved your problem?

I am have tried everything else.