cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New community login

maratsade
Distinguished Professor III

New community login

When trying to log in to the community, I get a message that a verification email has been sent to my Hughesnet email account.  No such emails ever arrive, which makes it impossible to log in to the community (I'm now using a browser that remembered my data from before).  Could you please look into this? Access to this community is very useful to users. 
5 REPLIES 5
Amanda

Re: New community login

Hi maratsade

Sorry we've been quiet about this so far. We're working really hard to get everyone's complaints compiled and attached to their account information for our development team. We understand a lot of things broke or have not worked correctly since the changes made yesterday, but progress is being made.

Hopeful to have a more official style announcement soon, but to anyone who sees this, we are aware and are working on it. 

Thanks
Amanda

P.S. Access to the community is still available, however to some users they may not be able to login and post. We do have alternatives if you cannot create a post, so if you are reading this and have concerns but cannot login to reach us here are some other temporary options if it is urgent:

Phone: 1-866-347-3292 (open 24/7)
Chat: https://customercare.myhughesnet.com/support.cfm?source=chat
E-mail support: https://customercare.myhughesnet.com/support.cfm?source=email (reply in 24 hours)
maratsade
Distinguished Professor III

Thanks, Amanda!  I know you all are working hard to fix the problems, and I appreciate that!  Thanks also for the alternative access info.  Smiley Happy
dfbeck
Junior

I hadn't logged in since November of 2017 and when I tried to log in, my name and password were not accepted. I was told they were already in use and I was prompted to change my name and password which resulted in me having a new account. I'm now able to log in with my original email and password and I can't get to the new account to respond to someone who was advising me. My new user name is MineR640. I'd like to continue using my original user name, Miner64. Can the new thread be moved to this account or is there a way I can get to it?

Thanks.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@dfbeck

Being that this is an old thread and concerning an issue that existed when this Community first opened, it would probably be a good idea to start a new topic for your issue.  

BTW, when you're speaking of the name Miner64, are you referring to you previously using that name in here?  The reason I ask is that I only ever knew you as the name you have now...dfbeck, though I do see that your posting history for dfbeck only goes back a few months and you created your account back in Oct. 2015.  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
dfbeck
Junior

Hi GabeU,

I'm not so proud that I won't admit that I'm confused. I have the user name of Miner64 but when I log in apparently my email name comes up. And now I have another account floating around. I couldn't remember my password so I was prompted to enter another one and of course the name was already in use so I was set up as a new account.

You're correct about starting a new comment. If I can't get it figured out I'll do that. Thanks.