cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer. Always this slow? Unusable for most things

Distinguished Professor IV

Re: New customer. Always this slow? Unusable for most things

No.  I'm only a longtime customer.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Honorary Alumnus

Only those with "Official Rep" after their usernames are Hughes Employees.

Gabe However is correct in that it can take some time to locate and review a call.

Get Out while you can!!! After your 30 days, it will cost you!!!!!
New Poster

msnodgrass2    i too have had my service 4 days with hughes net and i'm having very slow internet connection in the hrs from 4;30pm central time to 11;30pm central time within this time frame i have yet to get at least 1 mbp of download and around 0'5 upload  i was on phone almost 2 hrs yesterday evening running test after  test   now im told an engineer will contact me with a fix within 48 to 72 hrs   so all i can do is sit and wait and watch local channels  or 4 walls in the evening hrs  
Professor

No.  I'm only a longtime customer. 
And the king of data management.  C'mon, don't be shy, Gabe.
Professor

They have well over a million customers (1.4 million I've heard) and the vast majority have no problem. 

I'm one of those who has no problems, and I'm delighted with the service.  I think the vast majority of customers are doing fine, though some people do experience problems for a variety of reasons.

Shhhh.  Smiley Happy

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Professor

Gotta acknowledge your status, dude! LOL
Professor

Another approach is to try to fix the problem. This is especially useful to people who have no other options but satellite internet.

Think about how much less my data usage would be if I was actually trying to use as little as possible.  I might be able to get in under 2GB per month.  Still, I have to watch my occasional 1980s/1990s music video on YouTube, so that's not going to happen.  Smiley Happy  

My folks, OTOH, use considerably less than I do.  No YouTube and primarily only Facebook, with a little bit of shopping once in a blue moon.  Actually, it's just my stepfather.  I don't even know if my mother knows how to turn the laptop on.  Smiley Happy  

I have their sign on because I helped them set up their Hughesnet account and also because I help to keep an eye on their usage due to them tending to forget.  

So, without further ado, and no, this is not a joke....here are the TRUE data misers, though unintentionally.