cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer. Always this slow? Unusable for most things

Professor

Re: New customer. Always this slow? Unusable for most things

@jshaw: "Hughes is a big ripoff and I will be leaving as soon as possible and I bet 1.4 million will possibly follow"

You have choices and if you want to leave, then that's your choice.  The majority of the customers seem to be doing just fine, so they will stay and continue to use the service and benefit from it.   There is no ripoff from Hughesnet. They are a corporation, on the market to make money and they have pluses and minuses, like any corporation. Try Comcast for sucky. Good luck.

I think it is ridiculous that I only have until the installer left to determine if the service was sufficient.  How the hell can anyone know that?  A person cant check anything in the time it takes the installer to plug in my modem then walk to their truck to leave. 

We get 2 Mbps at best and .025 Mbps most other times.  It is terrible internet service.  I cant really do anything over Hughes Net's satellite internet.  And now I'm stuck me with a bill for a service that doesn't work. 

Why don't you offer a 30 day money back guarantee? Do you not stand behind your product so that you have to con people into a contract?

in the call the sales person repeatedly states that Hughes Net would definitely "work with me" in regards to not having to pay the fee to get out of the contract.  You reviewed that as well right?  What EXACTLY did he mean?