New customer Day 2 No internet download above 1.2 MGBS

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CarlH
New Poster

New customer Day 2 No internet download above 1.2 MGBS

I am beginning day three of my service with HughesNet. I have called technical support a total of three times this evening back to back. One time tech-support was stateside two times was overseas. All three tech support agent offered three different issues. First agent stated that I needed to allow 24 to 72 hours of additional time for my service to be able to acclimate. I have never heard of any such idiocy. I’m being told by another agent even though there is no precipitation in my area at this time in Northeast Tennessee that the gateway for my signal to my dish is coming from salt lake city Utah where they have rain at this time and therefore I will have no Internet. I must not understand the service. My dish is pointed to the southern sky. I’m supposed to be tracking satellite 19. My percentage at time of install was 133%. And it’s pointed toward the southern sky supposedly reading a satellite at 22,000 miles in the air. I do not understand why rain in Salt Lake City Utah would affect my service however that was what I was told. Another agent told me that they saw evidence that my megabits per second download was 1.9. That confuses me because they stated they were going to make an adjustment and increase my download?? I’m supposed to be able to download up to 25 meg why would I be throttled down to 1.9??

My system was installed on Wednesday and I still don’t have any answers would anyone be in a position to assist ?
2 REPLIES 2
Hardy

Hello Carl,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. I apologize for the slow speeds you are experiencing. After running diagnostics on your account, I can see there is light rain at the gateway dish. With satellite internet your signal has to travel from you, to the satellite in space, down to the gateway dish, and back the way it came. If there is bad weather at the gateway or in your location, this can cause intermittent service. If you have further questions or concerns, please let me know.

Thanks,

*Felicia*

Hardy

Carl,

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

Thanks,

*Felicia*