cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Grimmfarm07
New Poster

New customer,Limited connectivity at gateway

Hello
We had HughesNet for 1 week now. I have tried it each day.
Monday it worked great speed test 3 out 10 tries we got 30mbps. ( while the installer was here)
Each day from them on, little or no service .
I’m doing test and connectivity ranges 106-114 to the satellite.
But we can’t get rid of the gateway error . ( limited gateway connectivity)
I am actually using LTE cell service to get this message out.
Thanks in advance
Don. (Salem, MO)
24 REPLIES 24
Grimmfarm07
New Poster

Forgot to mention
Our zip code is 65560
We haven’t really have any rain or clouds at all this week.
We have also tried rebooting the system 1-2 times per day.
Tks
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Check this modem page: http://192.168.0.1/#!/home/status
What is the number next to State Code?

Then go to this modem page: http://192.168.0.1/#!/home/information

What is the Beam ID?

State code 0.0.0. Normally and now
Sometimes a 14.1.3 , but it normally goes away within minutes
Beam ID 64
Sate sig strength 110

maratsade

State Code 0.0.0 indicates the modem is working properly.  14.1.3 indicates a device on your network disconnects often, and this would not be a HN issue, but something on your network. 

EDITED to remove content addressed by Mark below. 

Beam 64 corresponds to the ground station in San Diego. Both @maratsade and myself are on a different beam, but that beam is also serviced by San Diego. Lately, I've seen some super long delays at hop where it leaves the ground station and goes out to the internet, since I think that's common amongst all the beams San Diego services, it may be related to that.

State Code 14.3.1 means something on your LAN is frequently disconnecting. It could mean:
1. A bad/intermittent ethernet cable somewhere (if that's what you're using),

2. A device's wifi signal is either weak or intermittent (but I'm not sure abou tthat), or

3. Something is faulty within the modem itself. Might want to wait for an admin that can probe your equipment to see why that code is being generated.

The one thing you can do (if you're using an ethernet cable) is to see if it's connected properly. If it is, try swapping it out with another one you have lying around to see if that fixes the problem.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade

@MarkJFine , do you have a list of where the ground stations are located for each beam?

It's a pretty limited list. I'll PM it.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade

Cheers!

@MarkJFine wrote:

It's a pretty limited list. I'll PM it.

I created a pdf, but it won't allow adding attachments... Smiley Frustrated

maratsade

If you don't mind, you could send the PDF to my HN email address. Check your PMs.

That’s for the tips. Glad to see people respond.
1. We are not using a either net cable
2. WiFi signal is very strong as we are maybe 10- 20 feet from the modem.
3 The modem is brand new.
If I had a way to do attachments , maybe I could screenshot everything.

100%

IP Gateway J2SDO064HNSIGW1308
Packet Loss 30%
Average Delay 615 ms
Minimum Delay 590 ms
Maximum Delay 634 ms

You have limited connectivity to the gateway.

Identification
System Assigned Identifier (SAI) 3985943
Chassis Part Number 1505215
Radio Serial Number 601713530348
Radio Part Number 1505328
LAN MAC Address 02:00:00:D6:1C:8C
Software
Application Software 3.4.6.26
Fallback Software 3.4.6.26
Wi-Fi Software 0.10.10
Satellite
Satellite Name EchoStar-19-NAD
Gateway ID 14
Beam ID 64
Outroute ID 3
©2019 HUGHES

System Summary
State Code 12.1.9 -- A transmit problem has occurred
Summary Operational State Up
Usage Remaining 19.996 GB
System Status
Satellite Receive Status Up
Satellite Transmit Status Up
LAN Status Up 1G FD
IP Gateway Association State Associated (Data IPGW - J2SDO064HNSIGW1308)
TCP Acceleration Up
Web Acceleration Up
Suspension State Not Suspended
Software Download Status Up to date
WAN Info
Satellite Receive Signal Strength 112
Data Packets Received 24694
Control Packets Received 28698415
Bursts Transmitted 12554
Packets Transmitted 17705
Wi-Fi Info
Packets Received 57825
Packets Transmitted 55888
maratsade

You can add screenshots here, but you need to be on a browser -- it's not available for iPhones, iPads, and the like. When you respond, click on Photos. Then you can upload images. 

2020-08-22_12-46-08.png

Grimmfarm07.

I'm seeing it's your first post here. Welcome to the Community! I was unable to directly pull up your account, so please send me a private message at this link with your account number or a phone number that'd be attached on file. We'd love to get this all sorted out for you!

Thanks,

Remy

Hi Remy what are error codes 12.1.12 and 12.1.9 iv rebooted a few times and at first, the system works 0.0.0 across the board. within 1 min it comes up with 12.1.12 and then back to the long term code 12.1.9

thanks

Don 

Don,

It likely means you are experiencing a Gateway or alignment issue. I currently have our escalation department looking into this for you, and we'll be back with you once we hopefully figure out what's going on with your service specifically.

Thanks,

Remy

Hi Remy,

Somthing changed...  Can you tell me what happend once you sent my request to escalation service ?

Instantly hughesnet is working. All week since iv had NO service, i havent been able to get on the internet.

someone flipped a switch or somthing ?

Thanks for you help, it works so well im sceptical,lol  lets wait till tomorrow and ill give you updated results.

thanks

Don

Don,

That's great to hear! I haven't gotten anything back from them yet, but if they've made changes, then I hope it stays running as is! I'll be keeping track of your account as well, please reach back out if anything changes!

Thanks,

Remy

I spoke to soon. Still problem with gateway codes 12.1.12 at first. Then back to my normal 12.1.9
Yesterday may have been a one day wonder :). I had 2-3 hours of internet in the 8-15meg range. I am not sure what’s next to do.