cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer. Speed worse than windstream.

Hagen774
Freshman

New customer. Speed worse than windstream.

I got hughes to get out from under windstream thumb. But this is even worse. I have had for two weeks. Trouble from day 1. Can not watch streaming videos on Hulu or Netflix without it buffering every 30 seconds. I have called customer service, they tell me someone from higher up will call me in three days. No callback. Call again, tell the rep speed test results from myhughesnet.com, he says hughes does not have a speed test, when I explain to him that I am on their support site. He hung up on me. Called back again got another rep went through all troubleshooting again and got hung up on again. Called back again went through all troubleshooting again. Said it was elevated to engineers, would receive call back in 24 hours. No call received. Tried to send email to tech support got error report which deleted email. Called again tonight told to wait another 24 hours. I am so fed up with this mess. Any help would be appreciated
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Hagen774
Freshman

Re: New customer. Speed worse than windstream.

Update no call again today. I am through they can come get their stuff back
bare65
Advanced Tutor

@Hagen774

Hi there, the support community is mostly made up of other customers, some of whom volunteer to help others self diagnose/trouble shoot certain issues... but we do have a few corporate level representatives that moderate the boards as well ..it is very possible, based on the sheer volume of requests these past few weeks, that your original post was simply buried and went unnoticed.

Believe me, I sympathize with you on the quality of customer service that you recieve via phone (there is no dispute that it needs alot of work) however, I can assure you that here on the community support message boards, if you willing to hang in there a little longer, you WILL receive far more support through the corporate level reps that moderate these boards, as well as our customer volunteers who also help diagnose some problems. The level of support here in the community is far superior to what you may of been experiencing with promises of call backs from the phone support reps.

Also, keep in mind that if you decide to cancel your service, even though you have only had it a few weeks, you may still be liable for paying the EFT fees (early termination fees) which is approx. $400...this on top of any additional fees if you do not return the Hughesnet equipment back in a timely manner.

Personally, before making any kind of rash decision, I would hold off a few days and allow the moderators time to look into your issues, run some diagnostics and whatever else it takes to get you back up to speed.

I'll tag @Liz so that she can see this come tomorrow morning. Liz is one of those mods that I mentioned up above.

In the meantime, have you ran any kind of speed tests?

If not, you can go to testmy.net and run a few 'manual' download and upload speed tests and post those results under this conversation that you have started so that Liz can look at those. The recommended file size is 25MB manual test for download, and 3MB manual test for upload...however, if your speeds are significantly impacted/slow, you can select a smaller test.

Vskrmans
New Poster

I am having the exact same story word for word. I don’t even have to write my own. Now I will call back and see if I can cancel service.
bare65
Advanced Tutor

@Vskrmans

did you even read my reply that I left for the original poster?

vin73
New Poster

Hughesnet does have a speed test.  Here's the link: http://myhughesnet.hughesnet.com/  Click on "support" then "speed test".  Just checked mine on Gen4 and it is 28.52 mps.