cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer and so very happy with Hughes!!!

New customer and so very happy with Hughes!!!

Well with 12 year old twins that are coming into viewing U Tube videos constantly Hughes is a breath of fresh air. My family lives in a rural area and we do not have access to high speed internet service. We had a mobile hot spot with 30 gigs of internet to use per month. Needless to say the kiddos mowed thru that in a few days on a monthly basis. It got so bad I had to block their devices just to not go over. I had my fill of overage cost's piling up and knew I had to do something. I had heard of Hughes Net services and decided to check it out. I must say their are mixed reviews but I decided to give it a try due to no other options for my area. All I can say is wow!! My family watched 2 movies and my kids are in U Tube heaven and all we have used is one gig in 2 weeks!!! I can't speak for all but this service is working fantastic for me and my family. Just thought some may read this and feel more secure in trying this service out. Definently the best choice for people with no options for internet due to living in rural areas.
Thanks Hughes for what you provide!!! 10 gig plan is working fantastic!!
25 REPLIES 25
Highlighted
Assistant Professor

Re: New customer and so very happy with Hughes!!!

Ronnie, word of caution. For the first 20 days of first month of service your meter will reset daily, after that the real usage starts to count.

You must set video streaming to SD or low definition or you will be burning through your data very quickly. The twins will still not be able to stream whenever they want, however much they want. Sorry, honest input.

Also, data on satellite is just like data on a mobile hotspot. If you burnt through 30 GB on mobile you'll be burning through it on satellite also.

Thanks for the info, where do I look to see our real usage so far for this billing cycle? What you have stated seems kinda shady don't ya think? My meter says I have used 1%.
Assistant Professor

Sign in here and on the right is a link to a usage graph by day, hover over the bars to see usage for each day: http://my.hughesnet.com/

I'll let one of the official representatives answer the shady part. They have been bad about letting new customers know this important detail IMO. It is supposed to be so new customers can catch up on updates if offline for a long period of time prior to getting service. I'm at the point that I think they should just eliminate it.

Having trouble finding the link you are referring to. Can you screen shot it so I can see what your talking about? Thanks, I can look at the daily report but does Hughes have a total usage report for this billing cycle I can access?
Assistant Professor

Either the tab or the tools link, again you must register/sign to get to the page. (can click on picture to see it better)

Good morning Ronnie,

Welcome and thanks for posting! Good to hear your compliments, we're happy to hear this. Sgoshe provided some great information to take to heart. Also, if you're still less than 30 days out from your installation date, you can call us at 866.347.3292 to request a trial extension if you need more time to evaluate your data usage. As sgoshe said, your data will reset daily for the first 20 days. After that, your data will reset monthly as it normally should, so pay close attention to your usage habits.

If you have additional concerns, feel free to drop by the community, we're here to help.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

I think I understand, your saying we are getting unlimited internet for the first 20 days?

Oh and by the way thank you Sgoshe for taking the time to explain this to meSmiley Happy

Pretty much. The purpose of this is to let you update any devices/computers which may have not been connected for a while. Wouldn't want new subscribers to get hooked up, have all their computers and phones start downloading updates and use up your data allowance in the first week!

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->