cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer getting lacked of information

paulamcintosh62

Re: New customer getting lacked of information

wow, I am coming up on the end of our first month and had no idea about any days of unlimited data.  We are currently at 10% left and our plan resets on the 17th.  NOTHING was explained to us from HN, so I to am hoping the next 23 months go smoothly.
farrguy

I am awake at 5am to try and finish what we need downloaded and see that our HughesNet Status Meter has reset AGAIN!? With two phone calls into tech support yesterday, one telling me I have unlimited data for 10 days that ended at midnight last night, the other saying I never had any unlimited data for my region. Then back to my original question I called for yesterday: why is my Status Meter resetting? It started using my tokens last night and that is why I called in the second time. I just want to know what's going on please. I don't like the feeling of being told something and not being sure if it's true. Anyone able to help with how I figure this out?
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

I have a feeling that even with the 20 grace period if you use up all your bytes before the meter resets for the day then you will start using token bytes. Hopefully Chris can shed some light.

And still pretty certain the unlimited grace period is 20 days, NOT 10, that is why your meters are still resetting.
farrguy

Then why am I being told 10days or we haven't had any grace period at all? Am I talking to the wrong people? We called tech support, am I talking to the wrong department?

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Honest answer, if you've been talking to tier 1 support then you've been talking to script readers who have no clue. The official reps here work right in the corporate office, they will provide the correct answers to all your questions. Give them some time.
Amanda

Hi Guys

Perhaps we can clear up some confusion as we were somewhat misinformed up until 2 weeks ago. If you are on an HN9000 Spaceway GEN4 plan and a new customer, you receive 10 days. If you are on a HT1100 GEN4 plan you receive 20 days.

Thanks
Amanda
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Well Amanda once again major confusion because of the two different systems. May I ask why the difference in the days? Seems to me would be better to have both the same. Call me crazy.  Smiley Happy
brandon1

If you look at the Status Meter and its still resetting, you must still be in the grace period. Some people at HN don't know everything so they tend to give out the wrong info sometimes. 
Amanda

For the same reason we offer different bandwidth packages on each system depending on geographical location Smiley Happy Limitations, limitations.
brandon1

Amanda thanks for the info.