cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer - very poor speeds

Freshman

Re: New customer - very poor speeds

I apologize for not replying sooner. I appreciate the service very much. After the install the system seemed to be running very good. However, the days following, it is buck to the way it was of not worse. Streaming sd shows buffers about every 15 min or so and hd buffers every few minutes. I can run some more tests and post them. Could it be somethings as simple as the dish mispointed? I wish there was a setting to see signal strength and make minor adjustments.

Thank you again for taking time to address this. As this is our only option in my remote area, it had been disappointing

I am also a new customer as of today, also seeing dl speeds at 0.5 - ~3Mbps. The service is barely useable for work.

Freshman

Mine is no better than 850Kbps 24/7 download but for some reason the upload is faster and it has been this way for 3 weeks of each month.

I NEVER play games or watch movies.

It is even slow checking emails and it isn't any problem with my computers and my Gen5 is less than 3 months old.

It only runs normal the first week of each month until the data is used up and it drops down to 850Kbps or worse and I test it after midnight and several times during the day and night.

Good morning Scott,

Thank you for this update. I reviewed your account and it looks like you ran out of your monthly data allowance around the time the tech visited your site. Currently you are subject to our Fair Access Policy, which means your speeds have been reduced since you're out of data allowance. You can read more details about the Fair Access Policy here: http://support.hughesnet.com/support-articles/what-is-fair-access-policy

Once you're out of the Fair Access Policy, you should be getting appropriate plan speeds. Please check your private messages in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.
Distinguished Professor IV

@MagicPhysicist

If you'd like to learn how to better control your data usage so that you don't end up going into FAP so quickly each month you can create a new post in the tech support section.  

The following thread may also help... https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Understanding-data-usage-data-loss-and-connection-pa...

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Freshman

I know for some reason you like to have us start a new thread about the same subject but it just makes more threads about the same subject......and I am not new to computers or microwave communications and I only have a couple posts here since I know nobody here can/will do anything about it.

I have been a alpha tester for Microsoft since 2000 and own 9 computers I built and they are top of the line.

I also have worked for CERN since 2004 doing alpha tests for the Large Hadron Collider.

I never once said I needed help as far as that FAP goes and the data used up in one week.......I just stated a fact.

And one of the other facts and the only one I have been talking about is AFTER that data is used the throttle down speed is NOT supposed to be LESS than 1Mbps.

AND the upload speed is NOT supposed to be 4 times faster than the download speed AFTER that data is used up.

IF it was the opposite as it should be and the d/l was 3.5Mbps and the u/l was slowed down to 800Kbs I would not have the problems here at all.

I do NOT care if it takes longer to SEND but I do care when I have a download speed of 500-800Kbs since that means what I do is STOPPED and I tend to have to stay up until 4am every day hoping to get my work STARTED.

I always point out the facts and make them easy to read by anyone since I work helping thousands of people around the planet with computer data processing and programming along with making the CERN LHC actually work.

AND I don't make a dime doing it BUT I do pay lots of money and I just like to get what I was told I would get......and if THAT happened I would not be here at all.

-Samson Ben Yoseph

CERN

Distinguished Professor IV

@MagicPhysicist

This thread is pertaining to the OP's issue.  Your issue is YOUR issue, and may be caused by something different.  If you would like help with YOUR issue, please create your own thread.   This will keep your issue, and the work being done to determine and fix your issue, separate from the OP's.    

There is a procedure and method for receiving help on these boards.  Please do what is asked if you would like help with your issue and create YOUR OWN new thread.  

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit