cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer who can't stay connected, random reboots

New Poster

Re: New customer who can't stay connected, random reboots

Hello Chris,

For two months now, we have never been able to stay connected for longer than 90 minutes. The average time between resets was much lower than that. We have been through two allowance resets, and both times had more than 19gb unused bonus bytes.

Starting Friday (might have been Thursday?), that seems to have changed. We have not noticed a reset, and modem system status seems to confirm that.

What I'd like to know is that something was actually fixed, and this is not some accident waiting to be undone.

Thanks,
Deron
New Poster

Just had our first reset since Friday that we know of. It is raining lightly outside, so that might be a factor. Signal strength of 173. Just reporting it in case it later proves to be useful info...
Highlighted

it's hughesposnet.....you are not going to get good service.  My service is constantly failing - like a bad cell phone signal.  in and out no matter what the weather.  I use up more data trying to download updates due to this problem.  the downloads start then are interrupted and download restarts.  Uploading a anything is a joke.If it weren't for family there would be NO internet here (at least not hughesposnet) 
Honorary Alumnus

denises,

Perhaps your service and or support experience would have been better had you take the time and interest to respond to your one and only post here in the Community.

That would be this one from 3 months ago:

https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/fb-problems

Doing remote support is a process of divide and conquer along with a bit process of elimination.

You have to be involved in the process.