cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer who can't stay connected, random reboots

faroutliving
New Poster

Re: New customer who can't stay connected, random reboots

(Having problems is an understatement. Both my wife and I have given up on it and now back to using our mobile hot spot. Might be expensive, but it works.)
Chris11
Alum

Hi faroutliving,

I apologize. I created the order but for some reason it did not go through. Just reprocessed it. Look out for it, should be there hopefully by tomorrow, latest Thursday. Please let me know if you do not receive it by this time. 

Thanks,
Chris
faroutliving
New Poster

I got it, and I'm switched over, but no change at all in behavior.

One thing I did observe last week before plugging in the new modem. I had a 3+ hour streak without a reset. It was early morning and foggy. The status page showed a Receive Signal Strength of around 165. Normally, the signal is around 190 with a low of 182 and a high of 202. As the sun came up, it burned off the fog the signal strength went up and the mean time between reboots went down. Maybe just coincidence.
faroutliving
New Poster

I give up. I've been billed again, and I still can't use this internet without pulling out my hair. What now???
Chris11
Alum

Hi faroutliving,

I'm still trying to investigate what could be going on. Currently your site is offline with no communication. If you can please reboot your system and make sure it is online so that we can continue to assist you.

Thanks,
Chris
faroutliving
New Poster

Sorry, we were gone yesterday. It is on now.
faroutliving
New Poster

Has something been changed on your end? We have been up for over 7 hours now! The wind is blowing like crazy (nothing new really) and the receive strength is around 188 (not that low compared to normal, but the low end?).

Both my wife and I were afraid to say anything for fear of jinxing us...
faroutliving
New Poster

Now up for 13 hours and 36 minutes. Roughly 10x longer than our previous record. Please tell me you changed something on your end...
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

It will be Monday morning before Chris is back here. Hopefully they were able to do something on their end to fix your problem. Fingers crossed you'll go through the entire weekend.  Smiley Happy

Could also be that engineering did some routine tweaks to your beam and/or gateway that also corrected your issue.
Chris11
Alum

Hi faroutliving,

I think it is the latter to what BirdDog said. We were monitoring your site and did not see anything that stuck out. However that was right before the weekend. Did your service continue like this with no disconnection over the past few days?

- Chris