cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New router maybe

Highlighted
Spectator

New router maybe

I have loads of data but cannot use it at all. Would. New router or a WiFi loop thing help? I mainly stream videos but cannot do that at all and I’m tired of watching Netflix on my phone. There is so much lag it’s not funny... and it will tell me I have full bars ( like using dial up again) any ideas ? I have perfect LOS but just can’t use the WiFi due to buffering ( then tells me I have no internet ). TIA any help would be appreciated! Btw it’s a new system and I’ve unplugged restarted etc
Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor II

Re: New router maybe

Berryville_10 wrote:
I have loads of data but cannot use it at all. Would. New router or a WiFi loop thing help? I mainly stream videos but cannot do that at all and I’m tired of watching Netflix on my phone. There is so much lag it’s not funny... and it will tell me I have full bars ( like using dial up again) any ideas ? I have perfect LOS but just can’t use the WiFi due to buffering ( then tells me I have no internet ). TIA any help would be appreciated! Btw it’s a new system and I’ve unplugged restarted etc

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: New router maybe

@Berryville_10 

If you're using a 3rd party router, try using the built in WiFi of the HughesNet modem instead to see if that makes any difference.  

If the streaming is in HD, you can also try turning off or pausing the Video Data Saver, but there are no guarantees that this will help, as streaming can be a problem right now for some due to the pandemic related high system load.

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit