cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gemberg
Freshman

New service, extremely slow

Hey guys,

I had my service activated as of yesterday, and the speeds are extremely slow. Yesterday was 2.5 mbps and today it was at 4.3 mpbs. I called the customer service, and they couldn't figure it out, so they talked to advanced tech support, and they couldn't figure it out, so now its elevated to the engineering team. I was on the phone for over an hour doing multiple speed tests and changing settings and nothing. The weird thing though is that my phone, on wifi, had download speeds of over 40mbps. While my computer, which is hardwired, and I disabled wifi on the router for the tests, was around 4.3mbps download. Not sure whats up with that but seeing its my second day of having it, I'm pretty dissapointed. I'm hoping they can figure it out, otherwise I'll have to cancel, to which I hope the don't charge me early ternimation fees since its so early on and the quality is extremely poor. The install tech used the previous owners sattelite dish that was here already too. While I'm in a rural area with trees, the dish is mounted ontop of the garage and has a pretty good view of the sky.

Anyone have any tips or tricks to boost the speed. The computer is the main thing that will be using the internet as its hooked to the TV itself so the speeds on the phones don't really matter to me at all.

Thanks!

Gunnar

19 REPLIES 19