HughesNet Community

New subscriber

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Slogans

New subscriber

We were just hooked up today and just service isn’t any faster than it was with AT&T-in fact I’m not getting ‘more than two bars on my cell and my tv and cell keeps doing that buffering or wheel spinning on my phone. While watching tv it does the same and stops for a moment. Not what I signed up for-tell me it gets better please. 

2 REPLIES 2
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

When you refer to your cell phone, are you referring to it in terms of calling or for streaming?  For calling, you'd need to have HughesNet Voice, as HN does not support wifi calling. 

Satellite internet is not ideal for streaming due to the latency that's inherent in the satellite technology, and also to congestion (number of people in an area using the broadband at the same time). Satellite TV would be more appropriate if you want to watch shows and TV.   Anyway, buffering and quality degradation tend to increase during peak times due to latency and congestion, neither of which can be helped. 

Liz

Hi Slogans,

We're closing this thread since we never got a reply from you. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!