HughesNet Community

New tech

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rgm12355

New tech

Will HughesNet upgraded tech that will be released next year offer faster throttled(after high speed runs out) speeds?
16 REPLIES 16
Liz

Good morning rgm12355,

After the new satellite goes up, there will be a lot of new things next year. 🙂 Can't go into detail about it, but once we're ready for official announcements, you'll find out then.

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

rgm12355,

I'm curious why your focus is on what happens after your allowance is depleted rather than on ways to conserve your data so as to get through the entire month?

rgm12355

Will I have to pay to upgrade?
rgm12355

I use lots of data anyway...
Liz

We don't have that info yet to share, but once we do, we'll let the community know.

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

rgm12355

Okay. And when can WE expect to have this info available?
Liz

You can expect it whenever we get the info and have the OK to share; this can be anytime from the end of this year to the beginning of 2017. 🙂

rgm12355

By March? Gotcha. 😉
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Using lots of data and having an ISP with data caps do not normally play well together.

There are however a large number of ways in which data can be conserved thereby making it available for other purposes.

Having data caps demands that you run a very tight ship or you will be at the mercy of FAP at every turn.

knerkin2
Freshman

Liz: the next time you're in a pondering mood, think carefully about the duration between the end of 2016 and the beginning of 2017. That just wraps my mind up all funny.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

A millisecond, a nanosecond........what is an atomic clock calibrated to again ?
GW
Advanced Tutor

Liz,

I hope the #1 priority in new things to come will be unloading some of these overloaded beams like 55. Too many people use it between 6 & 9.

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

I have a feeling the priority will be covering areas that have only the older Spaceway satellite coverage. Is that you?
GW
Advanced Tutor

Pardon my cynicism but I'm afraid the highest priority will be filling the new capacity with new customers, #2 will be removing others from Spaceway and lowest priority will be doing anything to improve the service of the existing Jupiter customer base other than the benefit of increased capacity when created through attrition.
Gokartergo

I am just a installer.. But, I hear a lot and I read a lot. My understanding is First to re leave some of the pressure on Jupiter 1 Then to fill in the gaps on Jupiter 2 that was only spaceway customers and number three to sell more Jupiter 2. So, I think you have the order reversed.
GW
Advanced Tutor

That would be great.