New to Gen 5 see no difference from Gen 4

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Terry HInes2
Sophomore

New to Gen 5 see no difference from Gen 4

Speeds are not even close to what I was told they would be.

See https://testmy.net/quickstats/ab8al

I was told this would be the expected speed after FPA throttling.   I am supposed to be at full speed now.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Did some testing starting a 5:30Am here and speeds look good but the charts where terrible.  This last one was at 8am do see what it looked like when I went from bonus to regular time.  IF I had this dat flow on a regular basis even if the speed dropped during peak I would be very happy. 

Unfortuanely this is the exception NOT the rule.  The rates during a single run of the test are usually all over the map, typically over 80% variance.  As a process engineer I would say the system is NOT under control.  Not sure whre the data is controlled but would expect it to be at the main office not local.  So I suspect the tech will not be able to do much except maybe point me to a better Sat. 

Can one of the techs on here explain how the data is supposed to be controlled?  I really don't care to see bursts over 100MB when it next drops to 5MB even if it gives me a 30MB average.  This seems like it would be jacking everybodys data rates around.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16