cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to voice

Highlighted
Freshman

New to voice

We are rural, satellite only TV and internet...no cell service.

We do have a Frontier land line that goes up every month and is out of service occasionally. Last time it was over 4 days.

So I am trying Hughesnet voice. Been a couple days now and we mostly like it. For sure we love the price with all the additional services. I am close to porting my 40+yr phone number to Hughes but have a question.

Can there be a pause when both parties talk over each other? We are not sure what it is but it is like we are waiting for words that never come so we do not talk. I have already noticed talking with different people may not have that issue, depending on the speed of the conversation. Could it just be that this system works just fine when both callers are just a bit more patient?...just slow down a bit? I totally understand the lag but our Gen 5 has always been fine. That was another reason I considered trying it.

The thing is, we are country and mid '70s. We are very used to everything not being just right. We are close to canning the old copper wire and saving some important money to us.

Are most happy with the voice service? I have been thru most of the threads here but not much negative that I see.

Thanks for any comments.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: New to voice

Hi RickH,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! There may be lag due to the latency inherent in the satellite connection.

Our voice service does have a no commitment option if you'd like to try the service first and decide before porting your number. With no commitment, the Voice service is $39.95/month with an up front fee of $75 for the equipment. 

Regarding number porting, that may not be available in all cases. When you call in to order Voice, the agent will check whether porting is available to you.

Here are additional links with information about the HughesNet Voice service:

http://support.hughesnet.com/en/faq/voice/what-phone-number-porting

http://support.hughesnet.com/en/faq/voice/learn-more-hughesnet-voice-service

http://legal.hughesnet.com/VoiceServiceAgreement/index.cfm

I'll leave the customer feedback on Voice to the community to share their thoughts.

Hope that helps!

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Freshman

Thanks for the links and the welcome Liz.

We will probably hang in as the service works for us. Not as perfect as a land line but Frontier is getting bad with our area. I have been 'thinking' of doing this for a couple years. The price/service difference between Hughes voice and Frontier is significant and matters to us.

Still waiting for any comments. If none, I will assume no news is good news.

Thanks all.

Rick

Just going to close this since it's been a couple weeks with no activity. Feel free to start a new thread if you have any other questions or concerns!

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->