Hughesnet Community

New updates for Windows 10 version 1511.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

New updates for Windows 10 version 1511.

Just a heads up.  The updates could amount to around 1GB. 
29 REPLIES 29
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

I will say this, just before Win10 went RTM, Microsoft decided to push an nvidia beta driver out that was VERY buggy as the official driver...  It made headaches for everyone.

Also, stop dissing my sc2~!  I ❤️ it when I get a chance.
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

I will say this, just before Win10 went RTM, Microsoft decided to push an nvidia beta driver out that was VERY buggy as the official driver...  It made headaches for everyone.

Also, stop dissing my sc2~!  I ❤️ it when I get a chance.
GabeU

The first computer games I ever bought, and I bought all three at Walmart at the same time, were Half-Life, System Shock 2, and StarCraft.  I knew absolutely zip about PC games at the time, and chose those three because they had the most stickers on them.  Game of the Year, Rated Best Game, etc.  It was subsequent to this that I learned about video cards, as SS2 wouldn't run worth a darn with the video card in my computer.  2-4 fps at most.  So then I bought my first video card, which was a Geforce2 MX, which ended up working perfectly for those games. 

I never really got into StarCraft.  I don't know why, as I think I might like it now.  Half-Life and SS2 OTOH...wow.  I loved them  I had never played anything like them before, save for Final Fantasy II (now IV) and Zelda with regard to the role playing aspect.  I liked the first three Splinter Cell games, but they aren't compatible with Windows 10, or at least one running 64bit.   

Pawnee County

Hey gabe Starcraft 1 and Brood war are available in .iso format at Blizzard for download.  I still play both of them even got them to run under WINE now so I don't have to boot into XP any more.  I got really fed up and have deleted the Windows 10 partition I had could not stand to use it anymore.

I still play the original Diablo as well but can't seem to get it to work under WINE so have to boot into XP for that one.
Amanda

Heard rumors Blizzard is bringing "vanilla" WoW back... I may never come back to work.
GabeU

Pawnee County,

I still have an older Dell that has Vista installed on the HDD it came with.  A terrible OS, I know, but it does allow me to play older games that I can't play on this computer.  I might take a look at getting StarCraft again one day. 

I actually enjoy Windows 10.  Not the lack of control over the updates, mind you, but I still like it.  It took a little getting used to, but once I did, I was and am happy with it.   

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Amanda making those big bucks, she can probably afford to quit.  😛  🙂
Amanda

Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

no 😞
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

I knew you were really a little boy. Terrible HugheNet using child labor. Thanks, got my good laugh for the day.