cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New usage graph

duke_mabank
Sophomore

Re: Community website access required a modem reboot

Gwalk900 is correct. Here is why. Many of us have several devices. Sometimes I have 3 computers on at the same time and an ipad in sleep mode. Sometimes only 1. Sometimes only 2 are on at the same time. You get my point.

If you have a device misbehaving and downloading even a few megabytes, with an hourly history you can quickly determine which device(s) is the problem.

Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Fortunately my router allows me to track usage is several ways.

Usage per day per device:

Traffic 1 snip.PNG

Traffic Statistics overall including hours of activity:

Traffic Statistics 1 snip.PNG

Traffic Statistics by an individual device including hours of activity:

Traffic Statistics hour by device snip.PNG

For me it serves as a counterpoint and perhaps as a "proof" to what Hughes claims I used. While the Hughes previous data hourly display was "overall usage" it still was a valuable tool to have to be able to define a period of occurrence.

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

You are losing your miser status Gwalk, getting right up there with my usage. Smiley Wink

router useage.JPG

Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

I'm not doing too bad. Smiley LOL

DSM.PNG

Gabe did dethrone me Smiley Happy

duke_mabank
Sophomore

What is the make and model of your router, I want one of those if my Cradlepoint ever stops working.

Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Mine is an Asus RT-AC3100 running the asuswrt-merlin firmware that enhances the stock Asus firmware;

The 3100 can be a bit pricey for some budgets but here is a list of other Asus models that also run the merlin firmware:

(click on picture for larger image)

Router list snip.PNG

At times you can find factory refurbs with full warrenty through places like Newegg amoung others.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

I got a little off track last month, but this month is going much better.  Smiley Tongue

Capture.JPG

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Doing really well this month. The boss has been much better with her Netflix/YouTube watching.

Meter Use.JPG

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

giphy.gif

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro