cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newly Upgraded to Gen5 - Speeds Substantially SLOWER than Gen4

Associate Professor

Re: Newly Upgraded to Gen5 - Speeds Substantially SLOWER than Gen4

@donagibbons

Less tin-foil please?  Seriously, you have hijacked another customers thread, which is honestly, very rude to do.  How would you feel if some random person jumped in front of someone you was communicating with and started spouting non-sense?

Topics do not get deleted here unless they break the rules, they can however, end up in a moderation queue depending on content.

Distinguished Professor III

@donagibbons wrote:

GabeU,

I never said it was by design or deliberate.  I am just observing that each new Gen Version, it always the same.  The first month is flawless, the second month it terrible.   And HughesNet has no explanation.  So can you explain to me why it happens like clockwork?  Can you explain to me why HughesNet is following a political agenda and not a physical agenda?

Assumptions aren't facts.  Does it happen with every customer?  Are YOU every customer.  Do YOU speak for every customer?    

Assuming it's happening to everyone and assuming it's deliberate are nothing but blind speculation.  BTW...it doesn't happen to every custsomer.  It never happened to me, but, then again, if it did, I wouldn't have automatically jumped on the "Hughesnet is out to get us" train.  I don't tend to assume the provider is doing something deliberately when something happens to me and a few other people.  

The not so veiled shill comment doesn't tend to help your credibility, BTW.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Distinguished Professor III

@donagibbons wrote:

GabeU

What about System Admins?

Semantics.  Why would you even bother to ask such a question.  

SMH.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Freshman

C0RR0SIVE

Only a fool would suggest "Less tin-foil" and only a fool would wear a tin-foil hat.

I did not break any rules.  If quoting Instructor level users comments and suggests and HughesNet whitepaper is breaking the rules please include this in your rules.  Last one deleted was when I quoted a HughesNet whitepaper to one of your responses C0RR0SIVE.

You have not changed in over 2 years.  You are always accusing everyone of wearing tin-foil.

Freshman

GabeU,

I never assume nor make assumptions without facts.  I am not everyone.  You are the one assuming and clumping everyone into groups without facts.  And been doing for years.  I am currenlty using Verizon Wireless right now instead of HughesNet Satellite to communicate with you.   Accusing me of making assumptions and speaking for everyone destroys your credibility.  Falsely accusing me that I assume it happens to everyone destroys your credibility.  However, my college level students who have HughesNet Satellite like me are often contacting me to help troubleshoot since HughesNet never resolves their issue.  The final result is they have to find another carrier to get their school homework done by the due date.

Highlighted
Freshman

C0RR0SIVE

If you consider sharing the same experience with another customer hijacking, then what do you define a community board in first place.  Community boards by design are for sharing an experience.  And hopefully, find solutions.  However, all I have seen on this community board is Instructor level persons crucify those who have same experience and opinions and can duplicate the same issues.   So if you consider bashing your customers like using tin-foil comments good for business then you are the best hijacker around and customer support accusing their customers being too stupid to use their system, then you are the best hijacker around.

Freshman

@GabeU wrote:

@donagibbons wrote:

GabeU

What about System Admins?

Semantics.  Why would you even bother to ask such a question.  

SMH.  

Mods/Reps may or may not have the ability to delete topics depending on what the System Admin grant.   In my community system, I control which mods/reps can or cannot delete certain items.

Associate Professor

IHC
Freshman

Donagibbons - I appreciate your frustrations. These inexplicable speed variations have really got me irritated as well. But please do refrain from getting into what seem like personal disputes with these other posters. I'm sure there's a technical solution to this problem. It makes no sense for Hughes to single out particular customers and give them terrible service. 

Associate Professor

@IHC

I am sorry about what happened to your topic, come Monday, I am sure that @Liz or @Amanda will clean your thread up and try their best to assist you with your speed concerns.