No Connectivity, only power on, nothing else lights up

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
csschwert
New Poster

No Connectivity, only power on, nothing else lights up

I have lost all connectivity to my HT200W modem.  it will reboot and power on with all indicators light up, but after 5 seconds all the lights on front go out and only the power light remains lit.  I have rebooted it many times with same result.  I cannot connect to the control page from a wired connected laptop.  I also cannot connect to wired nas connected to the modem's switch.  

5 REPLIES 5
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@csschwert 

How long are you letting it sit after you restart it?  It takes time for the other lights to come back on.  

Try this:  Shut down your computer.  Unplug the modem at the wall outlet or power brick.  Wait at least a minute.  Plug the modem back in and wait for at least five minutes.  Then start your computer and see if you can access http://192.168.0.1/#!/usage.  Make sure you're doing it with a wired device.  

I can access the system control page and it shows system status as red, unable to connect to gateway when I run the connectivity test.  

Cody,

I apologize for the delay. It seems we still do not have communication with your modem on our end either. I believe it will be best to have a technician come out and manually repair the equipment free of charge. In order to set up and appointment for you, please private message me with a primary email and phone number for the technician to contact, along with the first and last name of the person that will be there at the time of the appointment. The person on site does not have to be yourself, however, they must be over the age of 18 years old. Appointment dates are dependent on the schedule for your local technician, so a date requested may or may not be available. Please provide me with dates and times that work the best for you, and I will schedule something as close to your request as possible. This date can ultimately be changed once the technician calls to confirm the appointment. 

-Damian 

Cody,

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. It appears your service is currently back up and running. If you ever have this issue again or any other concerns, please message me as soon as possible with the details requested in my last post or create a new thread detailing your other concerns. 

-Damian 

Damian

Hello Cody,

Thank you for contacting us. I am sorry to hear you are experiencing this. After looking at your account, I see we still have no communication with the modem. Please try the steps @GabeU posted first. Also, check to make sure the coaxial cable in the back of the modem is secured snuggly. Once you have tried these steps, please update us on your status. 

-Damian