cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Colby
Sophomore

No Internet Connection

Hey,

We had a brief power outage yesterday and now I have no connection. It's been over 24 hours without service. The modem lights "system" and "transmit" will not turn on. After several minutes, all lights briefly come on, the power light will briefly flash red, all lights go out, and the modem will start the process all over again with the same result. 

Tech support told me on two occasions that it was likely due to rain. I've had the service for 10 years or so and this appears to be something more serious.

I've tried unplugging it several times, but that doesn't seem to solve the issue. I have also checked connections inside and outside to make sure snug, which they all are. When I can access the systemcontrolcenter, it says that system is "fully operational", but there are several red X's and it keeps saying "updating". But, like I said before, it's been over 24 hours now.

Can anyone help me with this? I'm working from home 3 days a week and really need to get my service going again. Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9
Remy

Colby,

Thank you for posting! We definitely want to figure out what's going on and get you back up online as quickly as possible. Does the System Control Center state that the modem is fully operational even when the System and Transmit lights aren't on? Normally that'd prompt a state code. In addition, Power flashing red normally means that the modem is overheating, but the power outage likely affected the modem. A replacement modem would likely fix the issue, but I'd like to make sure that it's just the modem having a problem, which the state code would assist with!

Thanks,

Remy

@Remy 

I'm currently at work, but when I last checked it, the state code was 0.0.0, I believe it stated "fully operational", but I couldn't access the internet and the lights would still not come on.  I'll try to access the systemcontrol page again when I get home. Hopefully I'll have a code and I'll update you.

Thanks!

@Remy 

I'm home from work and have been trying to access systemcontrol to check for an error code.  I can't access the page. The modem lights are still off and I have no connection. I'm unable to access anything at this time. I'm not sure what else to try at this point. I'm supposed to be working from home Thursday and Friday of this week, but it will not be possible right now. I will be working from home three days a week for the forseeable furture, so I hope this can be resolved soon. Any help would be appreciated.Thanks in advance!

Colby,

Thank you for the updates, they're much appreciated! First let's see if a modem swap will do the job. Please expect the replacement soon; you can use its box to return the old modem. For your convenience, the return label is included in the outer pouch. 

Let me know how the new modem works out for you!

Thanks,

Remy

@Remy 

Hey,

I was just wondering if there were any updates on my modem. I still haven't received it and have had no connection at all for over a week. I'm scheduled to work from home Thursday and Friday and am hoping to have it by then. I was unable to work from home my scheduled days last week and I don't want it to become a further issue.

Thanks!

Colby,

I had previously set up the modem to be sent, and it normally only takes 1-2 days. It seems the modem failed to ship, so can you please send me a PM to this link confirming your shipping address? The reason it wasn't sent is likely an issue with that, so we can go ahead and get one sent out immediately after we confirm this with you!

Thanks,

Remy

@Remy 

I received my modem and my connection is working again. I'll ship back the old modem. Thanks for the help!

Colby,

That's great to hear! All of the subsequent fees were waived, but please make sure you get that modem returned to avoid an unreturned equipment fee!

I have one more quick question for you, as we've been getting a similar issue to yours recently and we're trying to take a look into it. Before this issue started occurring, did you lose power at some point? 

Thanks,

Remy

Pogo7967

I had power go out for over 2hrs this morning, once the power came back on I didn't have internet. I have called tech support and and after 2hrs of going around and around I am now waiting for a call from someone to come look at my system in person. 

Not happy with the service at all!