cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Internet Connection

bhawkins
New Poster

No Internet Connection

Have been having issues not being able to connect to internet. Getting code 23.1.4, was getting other state codes earlier and was told there was a issue with transmitting locatoin due to weather. Now not sure what the issue is?

3 REPLIES 3
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: No Internet Connection

There may be bad weather at the location of your gateway. This is always in another state from where you reside. You probably won't be able to see what your gateway is if your modem isn't working, so maybe a HN rep on this site can get involved and give you some information about what's going on. 

Have you tried unplugging your modem, waiting 5 mintues, and then plugging it back in? Does that make a difference?

ddanylchuk1

I'm having the same issue and same excuse - Weather - several times lately and as much as a 12hr down time. When I called into Tech Support they had me push the Reset and WPS at the same time. That worked the first time but not any more.  AS SOON AS I CAN FIND ANOTHER PROVIDER HN IS HISTORY!!! I work from home and this service stinks.

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

It's not an excuse, it's an explanation. Surely you can understand how severe weather may affect technology? 

Are you sure you don't have any other options where you live? 

ddanylchuk1 wrote:

I'm having the same issue and same excuse - Weather - several times lately and as much as a 12hr down time. When I called into Tech Support they had me push the Reset and WPS at the same time. That worked the first time but not any more.  AS SOON AS I CAN FIND ANOTHER PROVIDER HN IS HISTORY!!! I work from home and this service stinks.