No Internet Today 6-2-19

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbphillips01
Freshman

No Internet Today 6-2-19

Hello, I got home last night around 10pm to find no internet. It’s still not working today some 14 hours later. Am I the only one?

My modem shows the power and Wi-Fi LEDs illuminated.

The system, Receive, Transmit, and LAN are all off with no blinking whatsoever.

I can login to the admin page on the modem at 192.168.42.1, however, can’t get to the 192.168.0.1 at all. (Seems odd)

I’ve gone outside and checked my dish and the wire from it to the modem inside and all looks ok. There isn’t a cloud in the sky.

Any ideas?
6 REPLIES 6
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@jbphillips01 

If you have not tried already, please try power cycling your HughesNet modem.  To do so, first turn off your computer, then unplug the modem at the power brick or the wall outlet (NOT at the back of the modem).  Wait at least a minute, then plug the modem back in.  Then, after waiting for at least five minutes, turn your computer back on and try accessing the net.  

Do you have a device with which you can connect directly to the HughesNet modem with a LAN cable?  If so, what do you see listed for a State Code on this page?  Also, what do you see for a Satellite Receive Signal Strength?

I turned it off and left it off all night last night.  No changes.  

I'll bring home my work laptop this evening and try hooking directly to the modem.  

Thank you.

Hi jbphillips01,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in our community. Based on the symptoms you've described, a replacement modem is the only option to get you back online. We'll have one shipped to you at no cost as soon as possible. 

Thanks,

Amanda

Amanda. Do I need to call and talk to someone about that or are you going to take care of it?  I was thinking that what it was going to be.  I work in IT. 

Hi - no need to call, I have made the order for you already.

-Amanda

Thanks Amanda.  I got it, installed it, and it's up and running.  I'll get the old one on the way back ASAP.  Thanks so much!