No Internet connection

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
osullivan
New Poster

No Internet connection

What started out a few days ago as no access to certain sites has devolved into no access to anything. 

After attempts to contact customer support and getting disconnected, I've given up and decided to just use my hotspot and eat up its data. I get better speeds on it anyway!

While I'm certain people using these boards are already customers, my only suggestion is to run away—don't walk —from HughesNet. I feel very guilty I got my family into a 2 year contract with them.

I'll probably end up paying to terminate the contract early or just have my lawyer get involved...although that will end up costing more! 

Aside from craptastic service and craptastic support, the data limits are just too low for daily life in 2020 America. Honestly, they need to add a 1 or 2 infront of the current data limits.

But now that there is competition in the area, I'll be happy to kick them to the curb.

2 REPLIES 2
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

You continue posting nonsense. And to a tech support site, no less. There are other sites where you can go post ignorant complaints to your little heart's delight, but this site is for serious people who want to get issues solved, not for whiners and complainers who can't even understand the issues that we're all facing.

Why don't you cancel your service, if it's so awful for you? The ETF is likely a lot cheaper than paying for the rest of your contract.  Talk about cutting your nose to spout your face. 

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

osullivan brayed:

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@osullivan wrote: 

Aside from sfsadf service and afsdfs support, the data limits are just too low for daily life in 2020 America. Honestly, they need to add a 1 or 2 infront of the current data limits. 

They aren't going to offer what they can't support. 

Satellite internet is an internet of last resort.