No Internet yesterday, Dec 10

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kathynaylor
Sophomore

No Internet yesterday, Dec 10

Yesterday I sat down with my tablet to do my Christmas shopping with no luck. I worked on it all day. I repeatedly rebooted my my HN modem, my router, tried to access the speed test and web response and all I could get was sad faces and timed-out messages. There was no rain, just slightly overcast with high clouds, just like today. I have good Internet today. Any explanation would be appreciated. Could not get to community either. Kept getting attached message, but wasn't getting email, so......
THANKS
Kathy
4 REPLIES 4
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

All lights on modem blue? Could also be bad weather at your ground gateway.

What does it show here: http://192.168.0.1/  ?
kathynaylor
Sophomore

Hi BirdDog,

Everything is working well right now.  Yes, the modem and my router were fine.  I should have said that the internet was slow, as in not able to load anything or deliver emails, so I was connected but the connection was useless.  Does HughesNet give any explanations for why this happens and does it give you any of your money back when its not working properly for 24 hours?  I expect occasional slow downs due to weather, but this was not that.  I get so tired of having to fiddle with everything.  

Kathy
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

I'll let Liz or one of the other official reps reply. Normally weather related outages are not compensated.
Liz

Good morning Kathy,

Thanks for posting. I checked back on our reports and there weren't any about service impact that day. I'm glad your internet is working well today. 

If ever you experience a prolonged loss of connectivity, check out your System Control Center (SCC), as BirdDog suggested:  http://192.168.0.1 There you will see a status of your system.

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!