No Internet

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joninwm
New Poster

No Internet

My internet has been out a few days, I thought it was the rain but that has passed. I have unplugged the modem and plugged back in with no change. The only 2 lights on the modem that light up are the power light and LAN light. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you for getting back to me! This is something we cannot fix remotely and will need to send you a replacement modem to resolve. I will be sure to add a credit to your account for time without service, and a free replacement will be expedited to you.

Thanks,

Amanda

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@joninwm

Are you able to get to the following page?  http://192.168.0.1/#!/home/status

If so, what is the State Code you are seeing in the System Summary box at the top of the page?  

Also, what is your Satellite Receive Signal Strength in the Wan Info box on the bottom left of the page?

I was not able to get to that page. My signal strength indicator is fully lit but has the yellow triangle on it that indicates no internet. 

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@joninwm wrote:

I was not able to get to that page. My signal strength indicator is fully lit but has the yellow triangle on it that indicates no internet. 

That's definitely a problem.  I'm sure that, with the reps being back on Wednesday, they'll reply soon to help you.  

I'm replying late at night, so you may not see this anytime soon, but if you do, it would be best to leave your modem plugged in, if you don't already, so that the reps can run remote diagnostics on your HughesNet equipment if they deem it necessary, which they probably will.

Thx Gabe, I have been leaving it plugged in hoping it would connect to the internet. Also, I have my printer connected to it, which works fine. 

Hi joninwm,

Welcome to our community! Since you've already tried accessing 192.168.0.1, can you try browsing to http://192.168.42.1 and let me know if you can reach that page?

Thanks,

Amanda

Yes, it can reach that page.

Thank you for getting back to me! This is something we cannot fix remotely and will need to send you a replacement modem to resolve. I will be sure to add a credit to your account for time without service, and a free replacement will be expedited to you.

Thanks,

Amanda

Thank you, is there anything else on my end other than installing the replacement modem?

joninwm,

Not at all. The replacement has already been ordered and should arrive in a day or two. Be sure to send the old modem back using the prepaid shipping label included on the box. 

Thanks,

Amanda

Hello!

Just wanted to check in with you and see if the modem replacement did the trick. Are you able to get online now?

Thanks,

Amanda

Hi joninwm,

It's been a while since we've heard from you, so this thread will be closed. If you have any further questions or concerns feel free to create a new thread.

Thanks,

Amanda