cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Internet

New Poster

No Internet

My new Gen5 will not report any information in the router fields. Tried the reset and 30 second Wifi trick with no success.  My IPhone sees the two links to the Wifi but it does not accept my passwords.

Do I need to call out a technician?

3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: No Internet

@Alanb222

Though this may not necessarily work, or even be the issue, it might be worth a try.  Basically it's changing a couple of WiFi settings in the router.  

The following is a copy/paste from another thread, so the wording may not apply to your particular situation, but the solution just might....

Your device may not support the Wifi Encryption method the HT2000w uses by default, this could be due to the age of the device, or software of the device. In the case of a Wireless adapter for your computer, please make sure you have the latest drivers installed. You can usually download the drivers from the manufacture of your computer, or of the wireless adapter.

To change from the default WPA2 AES encryption method to WPA/WPA2 TKIP+AES mode, please follow the steps below.

1: In your browser go to http://systemcontrolcenter.com or http://192.168.0.1
2: On the left hand side, click on "Wifi Settings"
photo FqLMvVM.jpg
3: You will be presented with a logon screen, the default password is admin

4: Select either 2.4Ghz, 2.4Ghz Guest, 5Ghz, or 5Ghz Guest, which ever network your device is trying to connect to
5: Select the WPA Mode and set to WPA/WPA2 - the Cipher Suite should change from AES to TKIP+AES
photo hPJN2W4.jpg
6: Click Save Settings
7: Try to reconnect your device using the proper password for the wifi network.

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
New Poster

Thanks for the quick response.  I am doing all this from my iPhone 7+ so it should have all the latest software.  I am also trying from my iPad as I don't have a computer.  I will go through the instructions when I get back to the farm and post the results.

If it does not work, at whaty point do I call a service tech back out?

Distinguished Professor IV

Alanb222 wrote: 

If it does not work, at whaty point do I call a service tech back out?

Well, I would try the setttings to see if it helps, and if they do not I would post back here to say so.  It may be something simple, and going through a few things, with both knowledgable customers, and then, eventually, a rep, may be needed before they will send a tech out.  If we customers aren't able to help, a rep will most likely get involved.

BTW, when you say,  "My new Gen5 will not report any information in the router fields", do you mean that your device isn't showing the WiFi info or do you mean that when you go to the System Control Center and then into the WiFi settings, the fields that show the SSID and password are blank?  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit