Hughesnet Community

No Return Call From Tech Support or anyone! Tired of being ignored!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jdayton1
Sophomore

No Return Call From Tech Support or anyone! Tired of being ignored!

Post have returned.

No Return Call From Tech Support. Long Post. Tired of being ignored! (original post was removed)

So my post was removed. Here it is again. Why remove my post without any information? There are no lies, only the truth of how I am being treated. I did not even finish it as I am tired of the problem.

So after having problems with my gen4 for many years, and then upgrading to Gen5 I felt like I finally real internet again. The internet was always fast morning, noon and night.

The only problem I had was that after a few months I was getting randomly disconnected from my online game. I tried everything and worked with the game company support team and finally they recommended I try a VPN.

I was asked in the previous post what game it was. It is Black Desert Online. I had no issues staying connected on Gen4 or the first when I first got Gen5. It happened a few weeks again, and I had a ticket opened for this. I had been playing this game since September without needing a VPN. So for the the three or four weeks.

Low and behold I was never disconnected while using the VPN. Of course when I turned off the VPN or did not use I was disconnected. So after some months hughesnet decided I shouldn't be playing a game I guess. So I'm suppose to hid it like I'm a child behind a VPN. I did have an open ticket on this, which took a while for anyone to call me back from Tier 4 tech support. But I missed the call, and then I lost my satellite to a car accident on the same day. 

Sorry for that. Just a heads up of what I am still dealing with along with my new issues.

So onward to the problems I have now, which is reminiscent of my final Gen4 days. So I called on the day the Satellite was taken out to schedule someone to come out and fix it and it took 5 or 6 six days. I can understand that with all the new upgrades you all were getting. Heck, I even started to recommend hughesnet for the first time since I had it in the last 6 years.

So my installer got here (June 20th) and moved the satellite onto a tree, took about 10 minutes to get the sat in position. He then had some issues, he changed something from a right to left (or left to right, cannot remember exactly) and had to call tech support to make a new install now. He went in the house and finished setting everything up, and came out and told me he was done and left my computer on yahoo. So I gave him a tip and thanked him, and on his way he went.

So I go on the internet once he leaves and realize it is slower. I figured I give it some time and try later. I tried later and still bad. I called and spoke to tech support, and was told someone would have to call me back. No one called by the next day. also did a email and chat support with the next couple days. Same response.

Still after numerous call, emails, chats no one has called back. My speeds decrease as the day goes on. I think it probably had something to do with the changed the tech made. But I cannot be sure as I don't work for Hughesnet and no one calls back.

So it is July 2nd right now and 12 days after the satellite was reinstalled and no help from anyone. I am extremely upset, they want me to pay for my service call that made this happen, and just credit me days?

I have to pay a VPN $10 a month to play an online game also. Ridiculous! If I didn't tip the tech that would have paid for 2 months of it.

Some speeds I tested and just gave up, and don't bother using the internet in the night.

I am using the HT2000W, there is no other router involved as it already supplied by Hughesnet.

From Testmy.net:

6-28:  8:50pm 1.6mbs down, 130kbs up

6-29:  9:57pm 2.3mbs down, 0.13kbs up

6-29: 2.5mbs down, 254kbs up

Tickets:

There were more contact without updated tickets.

I could write more, but I am Tired and Frustrated with this.

added here, lets see if its gone soon.

98 REPLIES 98
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@C0RR0SIVE wrote:

Wonder why he would have been messing with polarity then...

Regardless guys, it's upto Hughesnet at this point.

That's the exact reason I asked whether anything was replaced.  It seemed odd to me, but @gokartergo24 gave an explanation as to why it might be changed, so it now makes sense.  I hadn't thought of overlapping beams and using one polarity over the other being an option.    

I'm in a area that three beams overlap. It gets fun sometimes. Luckily they are all left polarazation.

He said he did it by accident, and wished he didnt. Because he had to call hughesnet for a reinstall instead of just setting the dish in place. Could that be why it is so slow now? 

He stated he has been doing them this way lately, and just did it without thinking. That is what he told me. As he was unhappy that he had to call hughesnet and spend time on the phone.

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Still don't see how it could be accidental, I smell a technician that doesn't know the difference between his left hand and right hand, and has not had proper training what so ever.  Have passed that picture around to a few installers I know, most flipped.

GabeU

@C0RR0SIVE

This is just a shot in the dark, and it's only a guess, as I don't really know, but is it possible that, by reversing the polarity of the feedhorn, the satellite/modem locked on to an overlapping beam, and that, perhaps, by being on the edge of the new beam, it's giving the speed problems?  And, if this is possible, wouldn't it explain having to go through the setup process again?    

Again, I don't even know if this is possible, as I don't know how the system works when it comes to locking it on to a particular beam.   

There is no accident on left or right polaraztion..  Say beam 55 is left polarazation and beam 56 is right. You pick one or the other.. Left and polarazation will not work on a right handed beam..

And you have to pick. One beam or the other..

GabeU

@gokartergo24

That's why I was thinking that, if the tech reversed the polatiry, it may have locked onto a different beam.  One that was overlapping the one the dish (or the modem (you know what I mean)) was originally locked onto.  I don't know if it automatically finds a beam and locks on or the tech has to force it to look for a particular beam.  If the latter, then my idea wouldn't work.  

No. It tries to  lock on to what ever beam is on the work order.. The tech has to hit a beam override. To put it on to another beam. So his accident don't fly.

GabeU

Ah.  Okay.  I didn't figure his changing the polarity was an "accident", as it's something you have to actively do.  I just wasn't sure about how the system got locked onto a beam, which is why I thought it could have locked onto a different one.   

Well, I'm stumped, then.   I guess he could have deliberately put it on another, overlapping beam.  If so, though, I wonder why.  

Time will unravel the mystery.  

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

He was probably having issues meeting OVT requirements for pointing and decided, "lets try changing polarity!" for no reason or something stupid.  Like I said, I smell a contractor that hasn't been trained.

Im just telling you what I was told. Just keeps adding on to this experience. Anyway, have a good 4th of July everyone.

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

It is actually a reinstall. When you change beams.. You could be in a area that 2 beams overlap each other. One could be left or right polarazation.. That is the left or right part.

jdayton1
Sophomore

Well on monday I had another chat support. Well I went through the same thing telling them that no one ever calls me back. They said they would have there supervisor call me with 24 hours. Guess what, no call of course.

A new ticket # 104793457 to add to my list, and the same service I have experience so far.

jdayton1
Sophomore

So its around 3pm and I haven't heard a peep from anyone. Yea, feeling good about hughesnet! Smiley Sad

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Hi jdayton1,

Welcome back and thanks for posting. You may have noticed that your original post went through earlier today after I marked it as not spam, as it did go into our spam quarantine. Let's continue using this thread since it has the most information, I'll remove the other two duplicate threads. 

The picture you provided of the dish installed on your tree is very useful, thank you for posting it. I've included it in my escalation to our installations department here at corporate. I've requested that they send someone out to reinstall your dish properly on a pole mount at no cost to you. Once I have any updates on that, I will let you know.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

jdayton1
Sophomore

Received a call from the installer. He will be out on July 14th. Currently the internet is not even useable at night. My wife who has more patience than me, ended up giving up trying to do anything last night.

This will put me almost at a month of since the tech came out last time, to even start to fix my internet.